Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Photo Finish..TV show

If there was a horse in the frame she would have won for certain. As is, I still really like the photo.

The intro portfolio of the guard was most interesting, (beyond the cars and planes)

Turned to my wife and said, "I'm going to the camera shop today to buy another camera and some film and fridge to store the film in and some dark curtains for that spare bedroom and..."

She said, "Don't bother coming home...."

I think she was serious.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    Turned to my wife and said, "I'm going to the camera shop today to buy another camera and some film and fridge to store the film in and some dark curtains for that spare bedroom and..."

She said, "Don't bother coming home...."

I think she was serious.
    Probably was.
    Maybe rationalize it- you can buy 3-4 or more plastic cameras all their accessories and film cheaper + Dark curtains and have money to spare- instead of getting that new L lens.

Just a bump to say, new episode, "Fashion" is up. Haven't watched this one yet, but I enjoyed the previous 4. Thanks for the heads up about this show, and thanks to Sean for the working link for us non-Aussies (my dog is an Aussie, I'm just trying to get immersed in her culture... )

I watched, great episode. Pays to have off camera flash.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    I watched, great episode. Pays to have off camera flash.
    It pays to have all of the great gear.

What I did find interesting was their choice of lens. I think they all used the 24-70, but one of them was using a 70-200 2.8 for while.
    Canon EOS 7D, EF-S 10-22, EF 24-105L, EF 50 f1.2L, EF 70-300L, 430EX.

"Criticism is something you can easily avoid, by saying nothing, doing nothing and being nothing." -
    Tara Moss

Quote Originally Posted by Raid View Post
    It pays to have all of the great gear.

What I did find interesting was their choice of lens. I think they all used the 24-70, but one of them was using a 70-200 2.8 for while.
    I think that may have been a blooper ...the others weren't given that lens nor was it shown or mentioned in the beginning of the show!

I would have loved to partake in this one, it looked like alot of fun! I agree with the judges, the guys photo really didn't do anything for me but I liked both of the other two alot! I think they showed the most creativity.

This show isn't on anymore?? :-( They should have at least had a play-off competition between the six winners! First place wins a 1DX!

It looks like they're delayed by a week online, and they took a week off at the end of July. We should have a new episode in a couple days, "Mobile Phone Cameras", or something to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston View Post
    It looks like they're delayed by a week online, and they took a week off at the end of July. We should have a new episode in a couple days, "Mobile Phone Cameras", or something to that effect.
    Thanks for letting me know! Otherwise, I wouldn't have looked anymore and I would have missed it!