Thread: Capturing Hummers

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I was wondering if you are replacing the feeder with the flower...
    Yes, when I am actively shooting, I will replace the target feeder with a flower or two.

If I want to see a lot of HB's I usually go to my in-laws because they seem to have an abundance of them, but I have a hard time getting a shot off because they spend most of their time fighting (the HB's, not the in-laws).
    Unfortunately, That's where patience comes in. Hummers are normally territorial and as such spend a good amount of time protecting that territory (which includes the feeders/flowers)---but eventually they will get to the feeder/flower and when they do, you need to be ready.

Have you ever thought of having a HB workshop to make a little money on the side. There are people doing that, and you know what you are doing. It takes someone that enjoys teaching others what you have learned. You seem to be effective, open, and passionate about passing on your knowledge... so it seems to fit.
    No, I don't consider myself to that level "yet". Like you, I am still learning, but am glad to share what I have learned with anyone. So, If you are ever in the neighborhood, stop by, and for the price of a few frosty beverages, I will gladly share my backyard studio and indulge in applicable or completely irrelevant conversation. Just ask Joel.
    Last edited by bob williams; 04-21-2012 at 07:47 PM.
    Bob