Thread: What are the limitations and processes for posting pictures to share?

What are the limitations and processes for posting pictures to share?

I have been trying to post somepictures but keep getting the message that the image I am trying to post is to large. The pictures areonly 1.5 to 3 MBjpg's in size. I have not posted an image before on thisforumso perphaps I do not know the solution to the riddle on how to do it. Any pointers would be great. I can then reward you with some pictures.

Kyle

Re: What are the limitations and processes for posting pictures to share?

Kyle, I am not sure about the limitations of upload to this site, buttheway I do it is to click on the icon that looks like a pice of movie film, and then add a link from a website like flickr, or Pbase to your photos which have been uploaded there. I use Flickr because you can get a free account and it has a lot of features.

I believe an earlier post somewhere said 1Mb per picture and 5Mb per user total upload. I suggest creating a flickr (or similar) account and linking the images from there (on the all-sizes page you can get direct links to the pictures). I upload images to flickr that are 1024 pixels on the longest edge and they are usually around 400K each.

Hope this is useful!

James

Tom,

Thanks for your input, this helps alot. I was trying to post pictureswithout a Pbase or a website link.

Kyle

portej05,

Thanks,I will have to reduce the size of my files to meet the 1MB limit. Thank you for your very useful input!

Kyle

Try 800px wide for a non-cropped display.

And correct, the current limit for images hosted on this site is set to 1MB per image and 5MB total. This setting is easily changeable - and should be adequate for displaying web-sized images. I have to make sure the costs do not become prohibitive before increasing thisamount.

Feedback is always welcomed. Thanks!