Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Went L-Crazy!!!

Went L-Crazy!!!

Just recieved the Canon 24-70 f2.8 L-Series lens. Luvin' it very much. Sharp, sharp, images.

Should be recieving the 70-200 f2.8 IS on Wednesday. woohoooo!!!

What's in my bag:

Canon 40d

Speedlite 580 EXII

Speedlite 430 EX

and now the two L-Lenses.

5dMarkII coming soon....

For sale: canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 with lens hood; B+W UV filter; and Quantaray circular polarized filter

Re: Went L-Crazy!!!

I see a 16-35 f2.8L in your future as well as an empty bank acount!!

Fun, isn't it? []

You are right. That is the next one to come, afte the 5dMarkII purhcase. And yes possibly an empty bank account. I hope to get a ROI by doing portrait and wedding gigs. I'll also try stock photography. It is definately fun but an expensive hobby. Hopefully turn this hobby into a business.

I am new to this forum and somewhat of a newbie compared to some others here. May I ask what factors you considered in choosing the 24-70 f2.8 L USM over for instance the EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM ? I understand that you have an EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM on the way as well and I can assume that the 24-70 is the "walk around" every day lens to cover the lower focal length.

I ask this because I also have the 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM on the way along with the 5DMarkII and am debating between a short list for the lower focal lengths and the IS feature of the 24-105 is very attractive to me. I also understand that Bryan also favors the 24-105 greatly [at least I get that impression from reading his fine review of the lens].

I will appreciate the response of any one and thanks in advance.
    <h1 class="irregualrHeader"]</h1>

Wow, L-fever + trinity lens!

Congrats on your high-grade glasses

Btw, the only cure for L-fever is a good 'ol dose of empty bank accounts :P

I chose the 24-70 from reading reviews and other forums. Apparently this is the bread and butter for wedding and potrait photography. With the 2.8 aperture, you'll be able to take shots in low light situations. I am also doing an internship with a couple who has been in the business for sometime now and they highly recommended this lens. Check out their work at www.artisiticimagerypro.com Most of their pics were done using the 24-70 attached to the 5dMarkII.

congrats on the L glass! you can tell the difference immensily!

That lens your selling is the one I just got rid of as well! haha Went straight away on ebay!

Quote Originally Posted by jcmeza_21

I chose the 24-70 from reading reviews and other forums. Apparently this is the bread and butter for wedding and potrait photography. With the 2.8 aperture, you'll be able to take shots in low light situations. I am also doing an internship with a couple who has been in the business for sometime now and they highly recommended this lens. Check out their work at [url="http://www.artisiticimagerypro.com]www.artisiticimagerypro.com[/url] Most of their pics were done using the 24-70 attached to the 5dMarkII.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

I think you've got an extra "i" in the link. It should be

http://www.artisticimagerypro.com/

dude! i totally understand how you feel! I have the same lenses...except that my 70-200 f/2.8 is non-IS...still a great lens though!

And I'm torn about the 5DmkII...cause I really love sports and I usually take a lot of pictures in different sporting occasions (my bro's basketball games, my sister's figure skating meets, my gf's show jumping etc) and so i think that the 50D would suit me more than the 5DII at this point...also because I can't affor a 1D III or MarkII N...but when (like in this season) there's close to no occasions to take those kind of pictures, I feel like the 5DII would be my heaven on earth

Well, I need to figure this out

Andy

You make me sick!!! [+o(] (I'm mean that in the nicest possible way. [] Congrats on the awesome glass.)
    T3i, Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8, 70-200mm f/2.8 L, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 430ex (x2), 580ex
    13.3" MacBook Pro (late '11 model) w/8GB Ram & 1TB HD, Aperture 3 & Photoshop Elements 9