Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jersey Shore: Digital................any experience with this seller?

Jersey Shore: Digital................any experience with this seller?

If this post asking for a feedback on Jersey Shore: Digital is not allowed on this forum, please ignore the post or delete it.

Otherwise, I will appreciate any positive or negative experience.

Thanks!

Re: Jersey Shore: Digital................any experience with this seller?

I checked some reviews on this place... Seems shady - Classic bait and switch.

Steer clear of too-good-to-be-true prices and shop with confidence at B&H or Adorama.

Wise decision asking for feedback before making a purchase, though.

Thank you very much indeedalexniedra.

I am glad I asked.

I've seen some really unbelievable prices online before (nearly half price in some cases). Each time I would look up the company name and find a lot of negative feedback.

Most of them it's the...

1. You order your lens.

2. Someone calls to "confirm your order" and tries to sell you a bunch of side stuff, including things that should come WITH the lens.

3. If you don't buy the additional things they are trying to sell you your item is suddenly on 'back order', yet you have been charged already.

I guess a good number of people actually give up, which baffles me. The people that consitantly pursue the matter usually just ended up getting a refund after a LOT of hassle.

The only place I've bought other than in person or from B&H is "Photo4Less" (also known as "Sigma4Less") out of New York. I've bought a 17-50 2.8 Tamron and 120-400mm Sigma from them without any problems whatsoever.

Always best to check unknown retailers at [url="http://www.reselleratings.com]www.reselleratings.com[/url]

[b]<span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 9pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]Helen <span class="goog-spellcheck-word"]Oster
    <span class="goog-spellcheck-word"]Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador<o></o>[/b]

<st1ersonname w:st="on"]<span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 9pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]helen.oster@adoramacamera.com</st1ersonname><span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 9pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]<o></o>

<span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 9pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]www.adorama.com<o></o>

Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
    Helen@adorama.com

In my experience... I stick with places people have heard of. My go to sources are Adorama or B&amp;H. Prices are usually similar between the two, but now and again you can get away with free shipping at one or the other, which is a nice little bonus. I have had no problems whatsoever from either of those places, so you can buy with confidence from either one. I havebeen doing business withAdorama a little while longer than B&amp;H, so Iusually go there first. Just make sure thatif you buy something from them thathas been reviewed on this site, you go through the link on the page. From what I understand,that helpskeep this site going andevery little bit helps.

Dave.
    5D mark III, 50D, 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4L ​IS, 28 f1.8, 50 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 100 f2.8 Macro

I've bought from Adorama before. Never had a problem. Haven't bought from B&amp;H but almost everyone here will tell you they're legit. Believe them haha.

One retailer that has not been mentioned is MidWest Photo Exchange, or MPEX. They are a smaller company in Ohio. I've bought from them before and never had a problem. They even took my order via phone 10 minutes before they closed. Very friendly. I've bought all my strobist gear from them including a recent (yesterday) purchase. For strobist gear, I would go MPEX, for anything else, B&amp;H or Adorama.

-Rodger

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOster
    Always best to check unknown retailers at www.reselleratings.com

the first time I knew this site was told by Daya, and it worked pretty well for me. thanks again Daya! I checked the rating of one unknown store on this site and bought a 300mm 2.8LIS from this store through their ebay store. the lens was brand new USA version with date code UX09XX( my order date was 09/29/09). the price was $4100,($500 or 12.2% cheaper than adorama's .sorry, Helen).I coudn't be happier. I used to order my gears from those reliable stores like B&amp;H, Adorama, J&amp;R and Amazon, they are sure good, but if you want to take a chance to save some bucks, my suggestion is to checked the ratings from this site, better go to their ebay stores, than your risk will be very limited.because you will be protected by paypal and will get better cash back rate( 8% or up to $200) from Microsoft bing.did I mention the additional 2% ebay bucks?

just my 2 cents.

[quote=JJphoto]

Always best to check unknown retailers at [url="http://www.reselleratings.com]www.reselleratings.com[/url][/quote]

.....the price was $4100,($500 or 12.2% cheaper than adorama's .sorry, Helen).
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

No worries! I don't have anything to do with sales, in any case; my role is to do my best to see that customers are happy with their purchases. BTW, we do pricematch to reputable retailers....
    Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
    Helen@adorama.com

BTW, we do pricematch to reputable retailers....

good to know that, Helen, but the policy of Adorama's ebay store says"Please do not send us requests for lower pricing. We will not answer
    them as we post items with lowest prices possible for us. We would
    rather spend our time finding you more bargains then replying to these
    emails." so if I want to ask for price marching next time, what should I do ?, and BTW, is there a list of that "reputable retailers"?