Page 292 of 557 FirstFirst ... 192242282290291292293294302342392 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,920 of 5570

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

The standard on these last 2 pages is very good, congrats Denise and Joel, great shots.
    Time to lower that standard back down to a shot from the backyard. Kookaburra sitting in the tree.
    [img]
    Laugh kookaburra, laugh.... by Steve's Life, on Flickr[/img]

Thanks for viewing.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

2 from the park yesterday.

Nice job Steve & Bluesman. Here are a couple female northern cardinal pics from my feeder.

2012_04_08_4170_upd by dthrog00, on Flickr

2012_04_08_4171_upd by dthrog00, on Flickr

Both were taken before the sun was shining on my feeder area so I used my flash to add some fill light. Both are with 60D with 135L and 1.4x ii TC. The flash used is LumoPro LP-160 at 1/4 power.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    The standard on these last 2 pages is very good, congrats Denise and Joel, great shots.
    Time to lower that standard back down to a shot from the backyard. Kookaburra sitting in the tree.
    [img]

Thanks for viewing.
    Thanks, Steve!

Your camera a lens combo is superb!! Fantastic detail and sharpness!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    [img]

Thanks for viewing.
    Thanks Steve....the Kookaburra looks fantastic to me...excellent exposure and superb sharpness.

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams View Post
    Denise, great work on that Canadian---I too love the BG and the exposure looks spot on.

JOel, Another great shot of the robin
    Thanks friend!

Eastern Bluebird
    1D MKIV
    700mm
    ISO 3200
    1/500
    f/5.6

Another Killdeer close up....

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    @4mozasmiles - Those are some pretty sharp shots w/ the 2x III extender & 70-200mm II! I was actually thinking over the last couple days about selling my 100-400mm, 200mm f/2.8 & 70-200mm f/4 IS and just getting that combo. How pleased are you with it? Is the AF fast enough for birding?

Denise
    Denise,
    I don't have the 100-400 so can't compare the focus speed. What I usually use for birds is a 300 with a 1.4 extender. The 70-200ii with a 2x iii seems similar in focus speed to that, and the shots are extremely close as far as IQ (in my opinion). Both extenders slow the focus speed down noticeably-but not to a point where you can't get a shot.

The 2x extender was only purchased so I could travel a little lighter! But it surprised me on the IQ. I don't think I would specifically recommend this set up for birding, unless you already had the 70-200 or were planning to get it for other reasons. With the extender, camera and battery pack, it is very heavy!

It is good enough for me while I save for a "real" bird lens! You might want to rent the set up and compare to see if it meets your needs.

Well, Its been a while since I posted here, but I had a chance to go out and shoot some back yard birds yesterday and was trying to get some close up portrait style shots. The house sparrows (with the black face) didn't light up to well, but the White Wing Doves took my flash well and were willing to pose and take direction, but my make up artist failed to polish the models beak; Oh Well, Lesson learned.

7D, 500L + 1.4 Ext, off camera flash @ ETTL -2 1/3. No PS work, all adjustments were global and processed in lightroom 4.

Thanks for looking
    Bob