Page 304 of 558 FirstFirst ... 204254294302303304305306314354404 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,040 of 5571

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams View Post
    That's it Denise----Rub it in
    If it makes you feel any better Bob, I have not been able to get a good shot at any of them! It's been pouring rain here and when it's not raining it is so dark and gloomy that most of my shots look less than desireable!

I don't know what is more frustrating ...not seeing them or seeing them but not being able to get a good shot!

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    This was the week I was hoping I could return the favor and host you here for a few days ... maybe next year
    You never know who will show up on your doorstep---or when
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    I don't know what is more frustrating ...not seeing them or seeing them but not being able to get a good shot!
    --

I can certainly relate to that Denise
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by ahab1372 View Post
    Bob,
    But you have posted the most amazing hummer shots this season, haven't you?
    I'm sure they will all come to your backyard soon

Arnt
    Thanks Arn't---Its funny how we all want what we don't have----I have hummers here and others don't, Others have cool songbirds and I don't ---I guess it all balances out in the end.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams View Post
    You never know who will show up on your doorstep---or when
    We'll leave the light on for ya !!!

Hi all, how's everybody doing? Joel and Denise I really like your song bird photographs, nothing's harder than shooting small birds in my opinion. I'm doing fine, just haven't shot anything worth posting for a long time. Got a few hours on Sunday so I went to my favorite place, Bolsa Chica and found this juvenile Red-tailed Hawk. These days I no longer handholding my 500, but on Sunday I handheld it for about 4 hours and boys my arms, wrists, shoulder and back are still paying after two days.

Juvenile Red-tailed Hawk
    Canon 7D, 500 f/4L IS, f/4, 1/3200, ISO 400, handheld

You can view the larger version here http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo...674512&size=lg

Thanks for viewing, comments and critiques are always welcome.

Nate,

Quote Originally Posted by Sinh Nhut Nguyen View Post
    Thanks for viewing, comments and critiques are always welcome.

Nate,
    Hi, your contributions to this thread when it was young a couple of years ago always fascinated me - you really kept the thread alive with many stunning captures of various birds. Of course this one is also a great one, but when compared to the "Nate standard" it's probably not more than average (blame yourself for setting the standards ;-). I'm really looking forward to more birds seen through your lens!

Nate, Good to have you back---The RTH shot is excellent---Great detail, sharp eye, well composed, and I really like the all elements of the background, The color split, creamy smooth bokeh etc. Nice work as usual.

Bob
    Bob

Incredible picture Nate! You nailed the focus wide open and the background blur is tremendous.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Sinh Nhut Nguyen View Post
    Hi all, how's everybody doing? Joel and Denise I really like your song bird photographs, nothing's harder than shooting small birds in my opinion.
    Thanks, Nate! I'm happy to see another awesome contribution from you! Beautiful capture!

Not much going on here today, just a few more backyard shots! The hb showed up again but he is faster than the speed of lightning and I still haven't gotten a shot of him yet

These will have to do in the meantime ...

A little exercise before dinner! by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr

When there is nothing else to shoot ...there's always these around! by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr