Page 153 of 558 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203253 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 5571

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Re: Post your best bird shots!

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk
    I am using Energizer Recharable, so the eneloops will give mequicker fire power?

I would not expect them to be different in terms of flash recycle times. The eneloops have lower self-discharge (meaning you don't have to charge them the day before you use them), and better longevity (more recharge cycles - current ones are rated to 1500 charge cycles).

The faster recharge of the 430EX II is simply due to it's lower output, which requires a smaller capacitor. The 4 batteries dischare at the same rate in either flash, so the smaller capacitor fills faster.

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist

I would not expect them to be different in terms of flash recycle times. The eneloops have lower self-discharge (meaning you don't have to charge them the day before you use them), and better longevity (more recharge cycles - current ones are rated to 1500 charge cycles).

The faster recharge of the 430EX II is simply due to it's lower output, which requires a smaller capacitor. The 4 batteries dischare at the same rate in either flash, so the smaller capacitor fills faster.

That makes me wonder:

When in a blind, like at the bird feeder, if it wouldn't be better to have several 430ex II set up remotely than one 580ex II on camera. That might give more flash for second and third shots.

Because it has less power I am not to comfortable with the thought of the 430ex II on camera as a main flash for the 500mm yet.

It also brings in to question when using two diffrent flashes, what happens when your set up remote andthey both fire and the 430ex is ready for the second shot and the 580 isn't.. It makes me wonder if it is wise to mix one flash with a diffrent one in this situation. I guess I get to answer this question in a few days when I try them both together again. So far I only have tried them together once in the field, and I had problems with the 430ex working. After much reasearch I found that if you plug the pocketwizard in to the 430ex II backwards that it will not function, imagine that revelation.

After much reasearch I found that if you plug the pocketwizard in to the 430ex II backwards that it will not function, imagine that revelation.

Great tip. I'll file that one away for future reference... []

So that
    Bob

Now if someone knows if there is a battery pack that can recharge fast enough to do multiple shots in the burst, I would like to know what it is.
    <p style="CLEAR: both"]

Rick,

There are couple of good options : Canon makes a battery pak that holds 8 AA cells and Quantum Turbo makes a rechargeable pak that gets great reviews but is very expensive.

The better beamer does save battery power because of the way it projects light it tends to require less flash power so if you set the flash to less than full output it recycles even faster .....it's proportional to the power setting.

Joel

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/2870.mic-MG_5F00_8562.jpg[/img]

A Red Bellied Woodpecker from the back yard setup......

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/2352._5F00_MG_5F00_7768.jpg[/img]

Beautiful bird photo, Adrian! I wish I could get a few colorful bird shots like that!

All the woodpecker photos make me very envious! I keep hearing one near my yard but I haven't laid eyes on him yet!

Here's one shot of a goldfinch visitor I had today ...

and my daily visitor, the mourning dove ...

Denise

Senior Member nvitalephotography's Avatar

Photographed this purple gallinule this morning. Everglades national park is such an amazing place for bird photography.

50D 100-400mm @ 260mm, F.5.6, 1/800th, ISO 640

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/6180.IMG_5F00_4561edit.jpg[/img]