Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What's the #1 Best Advice You Would Give To Someone New To Photography!

Re: What's the #1 Best Advice You Would Give To Someone New To Photography!

Good luck Denise! I'm sure you're gonna have a fun time shooting, see ya later!

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725

My #1 advice to myselfis learn something new every day by visiting the TDP website at least once a day without fail!
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Be careful, though. Bryan is responsible for my purchase of several thousand dollars of gear....

Jerk[]

Not that I regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinh Nhut Nguyen

My #1 advive for a beginner is toNOT buying anything else beside the camera and its kit lensbeforehe/she understands exposure andthe camera.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

+1

And take lots and lots of pictures, and rarely center the subject in the picture. Use the rule of thirds. []

Quote Originally Posted by ShutterbugJohan

And take lots and lots of pictures, and rarely center the subject in the picture. Use the rule of thirds. [img]/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

I forget this rule a lot. Sometimes I need the center autofocus point because it's the only one that works well enough, and I figure I'll just go a little wide and crop later to taste. Sometimes I opt for the rule of some other ratio. Sometimes I remember it, and use it, and if it works out, am very proud of myself for becoming so smart [H]

enjoy taking pictures and enjoy what you shoot.

to me the most important feature missing from most photograph's is good composition work on forming well composed pictures.

all the technical stuff can be learned by simple reading over this site and others like it.

The best thing to do is just click lots of pics and choose some best photos you have click.You can take the help of your friends.Then look at and talk to your friends and take advice where you lack.One more thing you have a complete knowledge of photoshop.

Denise, shoot, shoot some more and shoot again. Enjoy yourself and experiment. Find subject matter which you have passion toward and that will translate into your artwork. View work you admire, no matter what the medium. Listen to music which will also inspire visions you want to create. You will eventually move from focusing on gear and settings to creating imagery that you and others enjoy. But the most important critic will be you. Welcome to what I consider to be the magnificent world of imagery.