Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best Macro shots

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Great shot. Interesting angle/composition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    This is a very small snake I found near my bird feeder in the back yard this afternoon, don't know the precise type of snake but it was very small and very docile

1DX
    180mm macro + 1.4 TC
    Natural light
    ISO 3200
    f/13
    1/125
    Yet, I notice that you still used a 180mm lens with a 1.4 TC .....
    I'd have probably been at 400 mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    Great shot. Interesting angle/composition.

Yet, I notice that you still used a 180mm lens with a 1.4 TC .....
    I'd have probably been at 400 mm.
    Only for magnification....this little guy was only 6 inches long and smaller than a pencil in diameter....about the size of a large earthworm. I picked him up to pose him a few times and he didn't even try to bite me....as I said he was very docile....maybe just out from hibernation and kinda sluggish.

I am not afraid of snakes in general although a big one I would not attempt to handle so readily and I do recognize the local pit vipers. I think it may be a juvi King Snake because we have seen adults around in the past.

Only for magnification....this little guy was only 6 inches long and smaller than a pencil in diameter....about the size of a large earthworm. I picked him up to pose him a few times and he didn't even try to bite me....as I said he was very docile....maybe just out from hibernation and kinda sluggish.

I am not afraid of snakes in general although a big one I would not attempt to handle so readily and I do recognize the local pit vipers. I think it may be a juvi King Snake because we have seen adults around in the past.
    Oh yea, now give me the rest of the details - geez anyone would of course know..... just kidding - I haven't come across too many snakes in the wild prefer they go their way and I will go mine. Here in Florida a month or two ago there was a bounty on boa constrictors. Everyone was expecting these masses would go through the everglade and all but eradicate them. Something like 20 were brought in - snakes are experts in avoiding detection .

There is something engaging about them - at least you get'm to smile.
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

This is a very small snake I found near my bird feeder in the back yard this afternoon, don't know the precise type of snake but it was very small and very docile

1DX
    180mm macro + 1.4 TC
    Natural light
    ISO 3200
    f/13
    1/125

Ring-necked Snake (Diadophis punctatus). Cool little snakes. They do not get much bigger than a foot long. I found over 20 under a piece of tin last fall...along with five Copperheads.
    My Flickr page
    Canon Eos 1DIII, Canon Eos 20D, Canon Eos T3i, Canon Eos M, Canon EF 400mm f5.6L, Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II, Canon EF 180mm f3.5L macro, EF Canon 24-70mm f2.8L, Canon EFs 60mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Canon EF 50mm f2.5 compact macro, Canon EF 40mm f2.8, Canon EF-M 22mm f2, Canon 430EX II

Quote Originally Posted by dsiegel5151 View Post
    Ring-necked Snake (Diadophis punctatus). Cool little snakes. They do not get much bigger than a foot long. I found over 20 under a piece of tin last fall...along with five Copperheads.
    Thanks for the ID

beautiful Pat...nice work

Great job Pat. Joel interesting snake and wow what a blurred out background.

Dave

beautiful Pat...nice work
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Throgmartin View Post
    Great job Pat.
    Thanks guys!
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Looks like a regular ol' garter snake.

Post your best Macro shots

Count me in with Indiana Jones.