Thread: Porst Reflex C-TL lens to Canon body....

Porst Reflex C-TL lens to Canon body....

After a week of digging around my Dad's old stuff, I accidentally found an old film cam. Its a Porst Reflex C-TL film camera including a 35mm,50mm, & 135mm lenses. The thing is that those lenses are all manual focusing only. I tried googling around but I cannot get an info on an adapter for my Canon body. Is there a good chance to use it on a Canon body? Any issues that may arise from using those lenses on a different body?

Re: Porst Reflex C-TL lens to Canon body....

You need M42 to EF adapter to physically mount those lenses on a Canon body.

You will have to focus and change the f-stops manually (on the lens). You should be able to expose correctly, but the camera will not read theactual f-stop from the lens.You maylose the infinityrange.

If you find the mentioned adapter at decent price and you are willing to experiment this may be an interesting experience. Good luck[Y]

Quote Originally Posted by piiooo

You need M42 to EF adapter to physically mount those lenses on a Canon body.

You will have to focus and change the f-stops manually (on the lens). You should be able to expose correctly, but the camera will not read theactual f-stop from the lens.You maylose the infinityrange.

If you find the mentioned adapter at decent price and you are willing to experiment this may be an interesting experience. Good luck[img]/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

thanks for the reply! i'll definitely look into that. btw, have you tried doing this yourself as well?

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.32.22/L1010109.jpg[/img][img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.32.22/L1010111.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.32.22/L1010107.jpg[/img][img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.32.22/L1010106.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.32.22/L1010104.jpg[/img][img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.32.22/L1010103.jpg[/img]

Does any of these lenses worth keeping?? I am planning to send them for cleaning (fungus build-up) &amp; purchasing an M42 screw mount. Can someone help out? Has anybody out there experienced shooting with these? Would like to know the IQ. I do have a 24-70 2.8 L &amp; 70-200mm 2.8 L. I might purchase a prime; e.g. 135 F2 L, Sigma 50mm 1.4, or probably a Carl Zeiss 50mm 1.4 Planar.

Can anyone advice?[]

EDIT:

Apologies! Wrong posting.