Thread:

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"]&ldquo;Fiddle Me Please&rdquo;
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"]This is a duet based in <st1lace><st1:city>Brisbane</st1:city>, <st1:country-region>Australia</st1:country-region></st1lace> but travel all around the country.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] They are doing a stint on the cruise ships and ask me to shoot them for some posters and a CD cover.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] If you get the chance to see this guy play do it, he will take your breath away.
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<o><span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"]</o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"]Scott
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"]
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"][img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/400x600/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.26.38/IMG_5F00_3283.JPG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x400/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.26.38/IMG_5F00_3336.JPG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/400x600/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.26.38/IMG_5F00_3389.JPG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/400x600/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.26.38/IMG_5F00_3394.JPG[/img]

Re:

Scott

I think you have done a great job on these shots, that 50D &amp; 24-105 f/4 does a great job.

Well done

Keep up the good work

Re:

Great work Scott. You're a gentleman and a scholar [:P]
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Re:

Hi!

I liked # 2 and 4.

IMO, lighting in #3 is not that right, because the guy staying farer from viewer lit brighter. A kind of contradiction difficult to digest, IMO.

Alex.

Re:

First shot screams out to me, "retake me with a tilt-shift lens!" - there's just so much fine detail in the grain and strings that a TS could highlight. Final shot doesn't look natural to me - he needs at least some "normal" light, and she needs a hairlight for separation.

Consider renting a TS lens to retake that first shot. It could be plenty enough to launch your career forward way more than the cost of renting the lens. Tilt the lens to the left as far as it will go, and adjust "focus" so the strings are sharp. Remove some of the tilt to get the wedge of focus aligned with the strings if needed (depends on the focal length you choose).
    We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.

Re:

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"]Ben, love your comment, at least you got it.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"]
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<o><span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"]</o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"]Alex, thank you for your comments, I appreciate it.
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"]Peety3, thank you also Sir.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] I see your point about the TS lens, but yeah, to be honest I hate them with a passion.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] Good point with the extra hair light for separation, I must buy one soon, and the blue gel ties in with what they were after, long story. Isn't learning fun.
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"]Cheers All
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"]Scott

Re:

Scott,

I just got that you replied to your own post. LOL. I agree with peety3, though, on the technical aspects of capturing the shots and lighting. Nice initial work, still.

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Scott
    <p class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"]Ben, love your comment, at least you got it.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"]
    <p class="MsoNormal"]
    <p class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"]
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>
    <p class="MsoNormal"]Must be that warped Australian sense of humour []
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30