Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Capturing Hummers

Re: Capturing Hummers

Beautiful shot, Bill. Another one to consider for noise is DxO Optics Pro 6. It does an awesome job on the noise from my 7d!

Denise

I haven't seen these guys around for awhile so I wasn't even prepared when he showed up ...

The HBs have been very shy this season.....the only changes from last season; I added an Oriole feeder and our "new" dog likes to stay out all day. I put him in while I'm shooting....much to his chagrin.

Female RTHB taken this afternoon before the t-heads rolled in.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/650x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/12/4382.f-RTHB-2-copy.jpg[/img]

I had forgotten about the noise remover suggestions....I need to check into them tomorrow....thanks for the input folks.

For being unprepared D....he looks pretty good to me.

Bob W....is all the smoke causing a problem for shooting these guys? BTW, my cousin (lives a little north of ABQ) sent me some pix very similar to yours of the AZ residual smoke and ash you guys are receiving. Very interesting....hope it doesn't impact your health.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill W
    Bob W....is all the smoke causing a problem for shooting these guys? BTW, my cousin (lives a little north of ABQ) sent me some pix very similar to yours of the AZ residual smoke and ash you guys are receiving. Very interesting....hope it doesn't impact your health.

Honestly, I haven't been shooting the last few days---but the smoke doesn't seem to bother the birds, they are still hitting my feeders pretty hard. I also don't think its enough to damage image quality at close range---but I will find out this weekend hopefully.

BTW--nice shot of the RTHB

Bob
    Bob

Thanks, Bill! I haven

Thanks for the nice words concerning the pic Bob & Denise.

Denise...I've been talking to fellow HB watchers north of Boston and they've all commented on the infrequent visits and viewings to their feeders so far. ???

I caught this male sipping yesterday morning (6-10) after a couple of hours of watching the garden and feeders.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/650x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/12/6406.male-sipping-copy.jpg[/img]

Nice catch Bill, You really lit up the gorget well. This has been one of my weaknesses so far. I just haven
    Bob

Well, Today was a bust, had lots of problems with ambient light and.......I realized I really don't like Canon's IR flash trigger. Very unreliable. I was set up with two lights running off of Pocket wizards and two lights (430ex)slaved off of a camera mounted master (580 exII). My slaves were only 11 ft from the master and shaded from bright sun, yet they still only fired about 30% of the time----guess I'll invest in a couple more PWs. I did manage to catch one that I thought was worth posting----a little soft with some ghosting but cute none-the-less.

I use the punch to get a sharp focus, but I guess this little guy didn't want to wait for me to complete my set-up

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/12/0535.IMG_5F00_5742.jpg[/img]

Bob

That is one beautiful hb, Bob! And the background compliments it well! I

Thanks Denise, Here are a couple from today:

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/12/5700.IMG_5F00_5873.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/12/5557.IMG_5F00_5875.jpg[/img]

Denise, hope your birds come back soon
    Bob