Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's on your B&H Wish list

Re: What's on your B&H Wish list

My wish list isnt to bad,1x 5d MII 2x 1d 4, 2x 7d, 70-200 2.8, 400 2.8, 1.4 tele, 16-35 2.8, 8-14 f4 fish eye, 24-70. Thats it for lenses/ bodies. I want a really good lighting set up, but to many to list. Want a set up for sports and studio.

Quote Originally Posted by salazarbrujo
    or a not made ef 100mm f/1.8 or f/2.0...Macro! I like indoor shots so i think this could make sense?

Generally, fast macro lenses do not make sense. When shooting at macro distances, the depth of field is very, very shallow - even at narrow apertures. There is already a (non-macro) 100mm f/2 - it's a great and relatively inexpensive lens.

Quote Originally Posted by <span class="user-name"
    doggiedoc]Macro Twin Lite MT-24EX Flash

That's the problem with a mental list - I forgot that this was on it! [:P] I'd slot this in between the 35L and 135L on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by peety3
    Neuro, I hope you have a good use for the 500. I rented it for my Alaska cruise. If I owned it, I'd have to seriously think every time I packed the bag "will I really use this lens?" because I would not want to take it "just in case".

Yep - if I ever end up with one, the main purpose would be for local (i.e. driving) outings to shoot birds/wildlife. If I go back to Africa, I'd likely take it, but not on a typical trip 'just in case'....

Good Day Every One:

Using my 2 Pentax K1000 film camera so I am not as tempted to always be needing/want that just gotta have next item. From B&amp;H I would wish for

1. 100 roles of Fuji Velvia 50 ISO

2. 50 roles of Fuji Velvia 100 ISO

3. 100 roles of Fuji Provia 400X ISO

and then enough strength to carry all the gear that I need for both my 50D &amp; my Pentax K1000s as I go up &amp; then come back down again.[]

Godspeed

Wayne

I have a pretty modest wishlist I suppose, but it still makes me salivate hoping for the day I can afford all of it:

7D

70-200 f4 L IS

10-22

Something tells me I'm not dreaming enough. And the bummer is that by the time I can afford any of this (in about four years when I start working as a pharmacist), the 7D probably won't be available anymore?

alex
    R6 II --- RF 14-35mm f/4L IS --- RF 24-105mm f/4L IS --- RF 100-400mm F5.6-8 IS
    70D --- EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 --- EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS --- EF 70-200mm f/4L IS --- EF 85mm f/1.8

Quote Originally Posted by alex
    Something tells me I'm not dreaming enough. And the bummer is that by the time I can afford any of this (in about four years when I start working as a pharmacist), the 7D probably won't be available anymore?

Alex, Your right, Then you will be dreaming of and 8 or 9D or possibly 1DsMk6---You have us all beat. And the really cool thing is that you will probably have enough experience by then to really take advantage of all the cool features Canon will put on those camera's.

Keep dreaming, but above all----KEEP SHOOTING.

Bob
    Bob

Wayne----Kudos to you, It has been so long since I thought about Film---But your right, When I was shooting film, all I wanted was more film. I even used to reload my own stuff to save a buck or two. Is the Velvia and Provia slide or print film?
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist

Quote Originally Posted by peety3
    Neuro, I hope you have a good use for the 500. I rented it for my Alaska cruise. If I owned it, I'd have to seriously think every time I packed the bag "will I really use this lens?" because I would not want to take it "just in case".

Yep - if I ever end up with one, the main purpose would be for local (i.e. driving) outings to shoot birds/wildlife. If I go back to Africa, I'd likely take it, but not on a typical trip 'just in case'....

I have a big white lens on my list as well, and I am absolutely confident that I would find a means to tote it, even if it meant giving up other pseudo-essential things---Like water, food, clean underwear etc, The lens is coming with me.

Seriously--I have always admired those who shoot with a limited number of primes. They really seem to know what they are shooting and know what it takes to get the shot. I would love to get to that level. I think those who would spend 5-11 thousand dollars on a lens have a specific purpose in mind and wouldn't think twice about hauling that hardware around. I suppose, thats why it might be worth a rental, just to see if thats what your really willng to endure for your particular genre.

Bob

Bob

Hi Bob:

Velvia and Provia are both slide/transparency film. I'm working with my 50D so I am getting a bit more comfortable with it. The thing is that I just really like the look of film. It may stem from the fact that, that was what my grandfather started me on and taught me with. Typical stupid young person back then though. I never listened or learned as much as I should have and when I could no longer ask him was when I realized just what I had missed. If I ever get to be half as talented as he was I will really have accomplished something.

I just got another idea for a wish list from B&amp;H, the means and interest to take lessons to become a better photographer.

Godspeed

Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Iguide
    I just got another idea for a wish list from B&amp;H, the means and interest to take lessons to become a better photographer

Try This: http://www.ppsop.com/

I have taken one and plan to take many more classes from these people. Loved the courses.

Bob

Bob

On my "Fantasy" wish list is the mighty 1200mm f/5.6. But there is a better chance of them replacing it with a MK II versionbefore I buythat lens!

Inthe verydistant furture is the Canon 800mm f/5.6 and the latest full-frame. Mabye.

In the near future is a full-frame, Samyang 14mm f/2.8, Samyang 35mm f/1.4, and mabye the FD 50mm f/1.2 and FD85mm f/1.2.

John.