Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Woohoo!!! I sold my first photo :-) Advice Please!

Re: Woohoo!!! I sold my first photo :-) Advice Please!

Quote Originally Posted by clemmb

I was just thinking, this photo would beautiful in a gallery wrap. More expensive but no framing required. This will allow you to keep the ratio and the beautiful color wrap the edges.

Just another option to think about.

Mark
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Sorry Denise, I haven't been follow this string---but from what I just read---I think Mark hit the nail on the head

Bob
    Bob

Thanks Bob &amp; deltasun

I placed the order tonight with AdoramaPix and went with the gallery wrap without the wrap, if that makes any sense! [:P] If I wrapped it to the sides, I lose part of a wing and part of the sun. So, it has black edges all-around so you can see the entire photo looking at it straight on.

I went with AdoramaPix because of the credit balance I had there. So, the entire thing only costed me $25. Next time (if there is a next time), I will go with Mpix, they seem like many peoples favorite!

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725

went with the gallery wrap without the wrap, if that makes any sense! [img]/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Denise

This is what my lab calls a canvas stretcher. It give your image that painting texture. Great way to go. You will love it.

Mark
    Mark

I placed the order tonight with AdoramaPix and went with the gallery wrap without the wrap

Great Denise, Please let us all know how you like it nd how you like dthe quality of the product.

Bob
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Williams

I placed the order tonight with AdoramaPix and went with the gallery wrap without the wrap

Great Denise, Please let us all know how you like it nd how you like dthe quality of the product.

Bob
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Thanks, Bob and I very much will give a full report! I'll even take a photo of my photo! [:P]

Well, I can't go back and change it again now. I'm just going to have to keep my fingers crossed and hope this turns out!

Well it's a personal preference. Others might actually like the painting effect very much. So you'll have to see for yourself.

Ummm, Ithink I'm just selling the print. [img]/emoticons/emotion-8.gif[/img]

Yes you are [] It must be contracted if you're selling the copyrights with it.

I had one guy that wanted me to email him the photo so he could use it as a desktop ...I am quite sure he wanted to sell it!

BTW - There is another guy in my office that I do allow using my photos as desktop pics but I guess I never took my photos serious enough before that anyone could make a $ off them. How do I make sure they are copyright protected!? Maybe that is a whole separate thread topic!

Well it's a hard thing. You're pictures are automatically copyrighted, because you are the artist. However some people might make advantage of it without you knowing it. You cannot do much about this. If the guy was really selling the prints and you would know it, you might get to sue him, but if you don't see it, there's nothing you can do.

The best thing for you to do is not to give away full resolution files of high quality jpeg or other files. That way people can't make large size prints without having serious loss of detail and quality. For a desktop 1200 pixels wide or so is often large enough to fill a desktop. (Depending on the size and resolution of the screen of course) If your image would be 2:3 ratio the height would be 800 pixels. 800*1200 = 960000pixels...in other words, the file would be less than 1 MP. And therefor it would be suitable for small prints, but definitely not for larger ones like posters.

I think the "large" picture standard on flickr is 1024 pixels wide, so you might want to take that as a standard.

This is pretty much all you can do. Be safe to your photos.

And to be honest if someone at the other side of the world would have printed one of my images on a poster for home-use, I would actually be flattered [A]