Page 53 of 302 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best current shots

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Nifty smoke Denise. I figured it was smoke, a long exposure, and a laser pointer drawing spirals.

We're happy to finally be able to go outside without winter coats.

Spring by namethatnobodyelsetook, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston View Post
    Nifty smoke Denise. I figured it was smoke, a long exposure, and a laser pointer drawing spirals.

We're happy to finally be able to go outside without winter coats.
    I really like it. It has almost a vintage film look about it, but in high quality. Cool stuff.

Arnt

Thanks guys!

Cute photo, David! I really think spring is here to stay! I really like the tones in this photo and a couple of the last ones you posted on flickr. What are you using for pp?

I'm also really liking the Cross Processing effect, which is why ALL of my recent pictures are all using it. One day I may tire of it.

I'm just using DPP. I learned of the simulated Cross Processing effect from a trial Corel AfterShot Pro. I learned how you can do it yourself on the web (just adjusting the R, G, and B curves individually in a certain way), and went back to using DPP. I have Elements 10, and so I could use Adobe Camera RAW, but I prefer using DPP. Elements is more for if I want to draw, or use Content Aware Healing.

I know I sort of mentioned doing a review of Corel's AfterShot Pro, but really, I'm not finding myself using it. There's one feature of ASP that I don't have in DPP that I know I'd find useful on occasion. Selective editing. And I don't need that very regularly. There are many things I find better and/or easier in DPP than in ASP. ASP's included noise reduction is so sub-par that it's not a single program solution. People who have a registered version of Noise Ninja may have better luck. But if I need to use two programs, it might as well be DPP and Elements 10 (or even GIMP). I haven't tried Lightroom yet, but from everything I hear, it does much, much, more than ASP, and now it's only $50 more, instead of an extra $200... so yeah, I can't be bothered to write up a review.

For about 10 years, my father used to take me fishing every weekend with his fishing buddies during fishing season, so when I saw these two in the park yesterday I couldn't help but watch and reflect back on some good times!

I don't know how many here listen to country music, but the lyrics of Trace Adkins tune "Just fishin' came to mind ...

IMG_3442 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr

Nice shot, Denise. I miss fishing. My best friend lives near a lake and we used to take our "belly boats" down to the water just as the sun was rising. The water was always like a mirror. Perfectly calm and flat. It was so incredibly peaceful. Good times for sure.
    Mark - Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
    Nice shot, Denise. I miss fishing. My best friend lives near a lake and we used to take our "belly boats" down to the water just as the sun was rising. The water was always like a mirror. Perfectly calm and flat. It was so incredibly peaceful. Good times for sure.
    Thanks, Mark! Yep, my father always had a boat ...hence, the reason he used why I could always go with even though his buddies complained!

You are so right, nothing beats the tranquility of being out on a boat at sunrise!

Senior Member nvitalephotography's Avatar

I know this shot is just a bunch of leaves, but I really like it for some reason

Nick

nvitale - The web is really nice.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Nick, that web shot is great! I have been looking for one like that for years but never get the shot when I find one. Cudos!!!

Denise, that fishing shot is classic. I always wished I had something like that with my grandpa for the memories. Great catch!