Page 304 of 397 FirstFirst ... 204254294302303304305306314354 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,040 of 3961

Thread: Post your best current shots

What a shot. Thanks for taking us along.
    Mark - Flickr

Agreed. Great read, great image. Thanks for sharing!

What a great story and shot Pierre! Thanks for sharing!

spectacular Pierre
    Arnt

Quote Originally Posted by conropl View Post
    Pierre:

Beautiful shot... and thank you for the story behind it. Your dedication to get the shot is real evident.

Pat
    Thanks Pat.
    We have a lot of these alpine shelters around here. Lately, it has become a popular goal for hikers, as they are usually quite easily reachable (technically speaking, they are remote and the hike won't be short) This one is iconic because it's a great example of how clever the people who built it were, and its architecture is as traditional as it can be. While the environment is really hostile, with the whole area covered with rocks falling constantly from the mountains, they built this house on the only spot where it could last more than a year. And it's still there today.

During the hike, I couldn't stop thinking about those guys who brought every wooden part of the house on foot (it made my camera gear feel lighter than usual). The nearest road is 1250 meters lower. At least, there were enough stones all around, so they didn't have to carry those.

Thanks all for your very kind comments. As I'm planning to visit more of these shelters next year, I may show you some more in the future.

looking at some of the pics in these threads i hardly want to post anything i can produce!

but none the less i will post a few flower pics i took, while not my most resent they are the ones i have took off the memory card and added to my collection.

these were took a couple of months ago with the standard 18-55 kit lens that came with my 600D.

081 by Blaupunkt182, on Flickr

080 by Blaupunkt182, on Flickr

079 by Blaupunkt182, on Flickr

Giy:

Those are great. Especially the first one... I like the back ground in that one.

Pat
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Hi, this weekend I was covering the final rounds in "TV-pucken", Sweden's biggest youth hockey tournament. This is a traditional tournament for regional teams of selected 15 year olds. Of course there were a few memory cards filled, but I thought I'd share only one shot from the moment right after the final game was over. One thing about this tournament is that it's broadcast by national public service TV - quite unusual for youth hockey. The production isn't too far from what you see when "the big guys" play, and this makes it special for the guys.

First the shot I mentioned:

And then a bonus video linked from the public service broadcast, you may notice a dark fellow in the background around 19-20 seconds into the clip. Yup, that's me. (Lesson learned: Try to predict what will happen if you're really eager to be on TV ;-)

http://www.svt.se/wd?widgetId=32050&sectionId=541&articleId=1575784& type=embed&contextSectionId=541&autostart=false" width="480" height="270" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"

That's a great shot. At first I thought they were fighting, I guess I fell into a stereotype trap
    Arnt

Hi everyone - I'm back from a fantastic adventure to the shore of Hudson Bay, in Nunavut Canada (about 60 degrees north latitude). I stayed at a fly-in lodge and watched the bears walk right by each day... it was well beyond exciting. This shot gives a bit of perspective of the layout, and the electric fence that kept the bears out. Stay tuned for more as I sort through the 7000 pictures I took!

Name:  1E8A5478-2.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  179.0 KB