Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: My frustration level is at its peak right now!

Re: My frustration level is at its peak right now!

Thanks Guys!

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk

<span style="font-size: 11.6667px;"]But with the 1D IV you could only choose one, unless there is a setting in the 1D IV I haven't found yet that would make the point to spot focus and keep it that way until changed or assign it to a diffrent button. The spot focus on the telephoto's on the 1D IV seems like an almost have to have button, it seems to me that the AF area is much larger on the 1D IV single point than it is on the 5D and 7D. I have been using it alotto focus on bird in the bush.

Rick

You are correct, unfortunately the MKIV doesn't have a separate Spot AF button, other than the one you mentioned on the AF-Stop button on the Super-telephoto lenses with IS. We're all hoping that a firmware update will rectify this omission in a future update.

However, even though the Spot AF indicator on the MKIV is the same size as the Single AF indicator. The Spot AF covers an area approximately equal to its actual size, whereas, the Single AF indicator, comprises an area approx. double its own size.

Rich

Thank you very much, Richard, I appreciate it.

Anri

RE: Lens drive

Thanks Rich......I've experienced this "frustration".

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725
    Wow! This thread has taken on a life of its own!

Wow indeed....makes me happy that I don't even know some of the terms they mention (less to worry and frustrate about)[A] It makes my 5D look like a point and shoot though [:P]

Anyway I hope you are over your frustration. I was frustrated last week as well, but when I look back at it, it might have been a good thing [A] Plus I think your photos aren't that bad at all[Y]