Thread: PSCS5

PSCS5

I upgraded my PSE to ver 9 a couple of months ago. Just received a promo for CS5 for $299 for the full version. I just could not pass it up. Just pulled the trigger on it. I ordered the CD so I have to wait. I just prefer that to a download.

Mark
    Mark

Re: PSCS5

Man. That
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

andnowimbroke, you CAN upgrade.

www.adobe.com/.../faq.html

I was looking into student and teacher versions of CS5, and Lightroom 3, as I noticed that I qualify for the program. They CAN be used commercially. They CAN be used toward upgrades. Their only limits are you can purchase a single item per year, they can
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

You made my day/night! I know Autocad didn
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston

It's a heck of a bargain if you qualify. Despite the deal, I'm thinking of waiting for Lightroom 4, hoping it will include all the content aware goodness of CS5, since photography is where CAF is most useful.

I think that Lightroom 4 is still a year plus away... it might be included in an update of 3 though (lightroom 3 pretty much just came out)

Quote Originally Posted by andnowimbroke

Man. That's a steal. Mine was a student discount version for $170 plus shipping (that's where they get ya) and I don't think I can upgrade. Where did you trip over this deal.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Adobe sent this offer in the mail.

The terms for the student version reads "This license may be used only on your privately owned computer". Not on your commercially owned computer. My computer is part of my photography business, therefore, my understanding is to use the student version would be a violation of the software agreement. If I were just using it for my own purpose then I would get the student version.

Mark
    Mark

Mark, I think it depends on your business, and the product you get.

The FAQ I linked to above clearly says it
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L