Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ACDSee Pro 3

Re: ACDSee Pro 3

ddt, you
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Actually I was an ACDSee fan beginning from versions 1 to 9 skipping versions in between - until I met Lightroom, a match made in heaven - LOL.

Seriously, I found ACDSee to be very gimmicky, not user friendly and yes it would crash during an edit. Like other software out there, I find it very bloated and in my experience with said product it does a much better job of managing your library than an image editing solution in itself.

IMHO - I would avoid it where possible though I would rate it a 6 out of 10.
    Canon 450D Gripped, Canon 24-105 f/4L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM II, Sigma 10-20 EX f/4-5.6, Canon S95

“There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.” -Ansel Adams

My youngest daughter has FINALLY decided what to go to college for and just received her student ID!!!! So of course WE need to get a few computer programs! YIPPPEEEE!!!!

I tried the free version of lightroom awhile back and to be honest ...I found it to be the hardest program to self-teach! I should have took a self-portrait of the look on my face whenever I opened it! I just couldn

Lightroom is a must. Just after I got my PS, they came out with a combo pack and I can
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

I think I am going to take the leap and get both Lightroom & PS and toss alot of the pther programs I have. Maybe once I view alot of the online tutorials, things will fall into place.

As far as going Mac, not an option at this stage of the game after just buying windows 7 and a number of other things to upgrade what I have.

Denise, if you hoping to use your daughter
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

[]

But Amazon shows them as a package deal!

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725

[img]/emoticons/emotion-6.gif[/img]

But Amazon shows them as a package deal!
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Then it shouldn't be a problem I assume []

Denise, there's a lot of LR users here so any help is nearby. I'm also willing to help you out with the first steps if it's needed. I need to do a lot of LR and PS myself, since I'm way behind with sorting and editing []

To bad you're not in Europe though. Adobe Europe gives Students and Teachers great deals if you buy Lightroom + another program or pack. Valid till 10th of April. It's in the online Adobe store.

There might also be such a thing in the Adobe US department. I'd suggest you to check it out.

Jan

I see Adobe US store also has actions: Link

Don't know if they are cheaper than Amazon, but it's worth checking out.

Ps: it seems that it's no problem to order more than 1 item, since they have package deals [A]

Thanks, Jan!!![] I am going to need tons of help to really get my head wrapped around this!

If I go thru Amazon so I can get both, total is $270.

Denise