Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: ACDSee Pro 3

Re: ACDSee Pro 3

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725
    So, all a person should need is DPP & PS or Lightroom & PS, correct?

Denise

You have used LR? I thought the idea of LR was that it is a boiled down version of photoshop, just giving a photographer exactly what they need.

It appears to me LR was more of a handling software. With photoshop you get Adobe Bridge and Camera Raw. Adobe Bridge lets you preview. Camera Raw will Convert and modify like DPP does.

I prefer DPP to convert, because it seems to do a better job. DPP isn't any good at sorting and filing so I use Bridge. You can do all the same functions with photoshop, bridge and raw that you would do with LR, its my understanding LR just makes it simpler with the actual functions you need. I am sure some LR users can correct me, but from what I have researched at Adobe's website these were the conclusions I drew. If I had thought different I would have bought it long ago.

Rick

What part of dpp don
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

What is missing for me? Absolutely nothing ...I

Yes DPP is limited, its hard to view your photo's on it (IMO). Bridge is intended as the platform to move your pictures between one adobe program and another. It should come with photoshop, if not its a free down load once you have photoshop. Camera Raw is a download you have to do once you get photoshop, and it will open up your Raw Files.

To me Camera Raw is a closer match to DPP than any of them. But your sorting and filing happen in bridge.

You might research LR more. I think if you do not use photoshop now LR may do everything you are looking for and then not even buy photoshop yet.

Quote Originally Posted by George Jogtich

I just received an e-mail from ACDSee that Pro version 4 has been announced and will be forthcoming in the near future.

George
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Hopefully, they fixed the crashing issue and maybe it will be more of what you see is what you get!Right nowI edit, the final product shows alot less of what I applied to it.