Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ACDSee Pro 3

ACDSee Pro 3

I know most of you use Photoshop or Lightroom but I was wondering if anyone has tried ACDSee Pro 3. I just downloaded the free trial and have only played around with it for alittle while but from what I see so far I kind of like it.

Just wondering if you have tried it what your opinions are.

Denise

Re: ACDSee Pro 3

No experience here, but this isn't another one of those trick questions where your cousin owns the company is it?[]

Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Haha Steve! []

Anyway, I never heard of the program so I looked on their site. It looks a lot like Lightroom(even the price) and I don't see any real benefits to it yet. It's not exiting enough for me to try it out, since I kind of like Lightroom and the linkage with Photoshop and other programs like Photomatix.

But Denise, if it shows to be very nice and if it offers something great, please notify and I'll check it out []

Jan

Ha! Ha! I don

Denise,

Speaking of free, did you ever try Gimp?

It looks pretty powerful and is free. Ive tried it but my brain is programmed for PS so I did not try it long enough to get the hang of it.

Mark
    Mark

A friend of mine, who is a wedding pro, uses it just for resizing & renaming. I find that I can accomplish those tasks just as easily in LR3.

I use ACDSee to view my photos right after downloading to the computer. He gives me a quick viewing platform with large images. I can delete the bad ones immediately and make notes on any that I may want to print.

I use Photoshop for my printing needs, but I put ACDSee on my right hand screen so that I can easily find a picture I want to work in Photoshop. The only problem with that is that ACDSee has to be close before you can save an image out of Photoshop.

The program also gives me a rapid way to find pictures that I have shot in the past.

I also configured the program to print all pictures that I have marked in the 4 x 6 format with the filename and the date printed on the picture in the border. This could be set up for any size of picture up to 8 x 10 on my printer.

I have noticed that prints from this program are a little darker than what I get from Photoshop off of my monitor.

As you can tell I think is a great program and well worth the money.

George

George, the selections where you talk about could be improved in Lightroom. However Lightroom doesn't need to be closed when combining it with Photoshop. It actually works very well together.

Have you ever tried Lightroom?

Jan

Ps: have you compared prints from both programs? Of have you just compared prints to the monitor. You might be working in different color-profiles.

I really like a great deal of the features of this program ...except numerous times about 1/2 way thru editing a photo it crashes on me

Also, once I do make it thru editing and then go to view mode ...it doesn

Oh...good and bad things so far.

Number 1 could be your pc...doesn't have to be the program.

Number 2 is definitely not good though...