Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NVIDIA error when using Photoshop

Re: NVIDIA error when using Photoshop

I almost forgot. If you upgrade, this would be a very nice card in a new computer as well and would not be a wasted upgrade.

John.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Glass

I almost forgot. If you upgrade, this would be a very nice card in a new computer as well and would not be a wasted upgrade.

John.

John, you've convinced me. I'll get the upgraded card. The increased memory and the DDR5 has got to do the trick. Thanks.

Alan

After some researching it seems that the issue is present with certain NVidia cards and their associated drivers. You may want to look into an ATI video card solution to see if that does the trick. I have a $35.00 video card with Adobe CS5 and other various Adobe products and thus far everything seems to be *peachy-keen*!

Here are my video card specs...nothing technical or fancy...

ATI Radeon HD 3400 Series
    GPU RV620
    Subvendor ASUStek Computer Inc
    Release Date Jan 23, 2008
    DirectX Support 10.1
    DirectX Shader Model 4.1
    OpenGL Support 3.0
    Memory 256MB DDR2

You may want to also ensure that that the next card you purchase is listed on Adobe's "approved list" as found here

However, after some further research via Adobe's website, some ATI cards do have present an issue with CS5 and Adobe's solution is to upgrade to the latest AMD drivers to > 11-5.

Update...

Please refer to the Adobe OpenGL support link for possible solutions/recommendations...
    Canon 450D Gripped, Canon 24-105 f/4L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM II, Sigma 10-20 EX f/4-5.6, Canon S95

“There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.” -Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Glass
    The GTS 450 is a verydecent card andwill work great.

I don't doubt that. However in theory it doesn't make CS5 work any different. CS5 works with pretty much any GPU. However there are a few GPU's that allow CS5 to use GPU acceleration and I don't think the GTS 450 is one of them. (at least not without a crack)

These are the current models that Adobe qualifies:
    <div class="parbase compbase subtitle section"]
    <div class="LayoutCellSides LayoutRow LayoutH"]
    <h2 class="TextH4 LinkHide LayoutHItem"]

Supported NVIDIA graphics cards for GPU acceleration
    </h2>
    </div>
    </div>
    <ul class="Disc"][*]GeForce GTX 285 (Windows and Mac OS)[*]GeForce GTX 470 (Windows) [*]GeForce GTX 570 (Windows)[*]GeForce GTX 580 (Windows)[*]Quadro FX 3700M (Windows)[*]Quadro FX 3800 (Windows)[*]Quadro FX 3800M (Windows)[*]Quadro FX 4800 (Windows and Mac OS)[*]Quadro FX 5800 (Windows)[*]Quadro 2000 (Windows)[*]Quadro 2000D (Windows)[*]Quadro 2000M (Windows)[*]Quadro 3000M (Windows)[*]Quadro 4000 (Windows and Mac OS)[*]Quadro 4000M (Windows)[*]Quadro 5000 (Windows)[*]Quadro 5000M (Windows)[*]Quadro 5010M (Windows)[*]Quadro 6000 (Windows)[*]Quadro CX (Windows)[/list]

Most of them are made for professional use(the Quadro's) and the other few are basically high end gaming cards with CUDA cores.

I personally have the GTX 470 and the GPU acceleration is beautiful. Although I must admit that it doesn't make as big of an impact as it does in after effects for example.

My point is just that the GTS 450 although being a great card, will make your games go smoother, but won't do anything for you in CS5 (please correct me if I'm wrong)

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725
    I did just unclick the GPU box and a box opened
    that said "This is taking an extremely long time to execute. Click ok
    to continue or cancel to quit" or something like that. I had it
    continue and it did get thru the process and it really didn't take that
    long, less than 30 sec.

If that solved your problem. I would suggest you to keep it that way and leave it at that.

I sure hope someone can clarify this, but unless you or your daughter like to play games, you're gonna love the GTS 450. But for CS5 I don't think you'd benefit much.

PS: you better invest in a good quality PSU if you're going to buy a new one. They are more efficient and more reliable. Plus a faulty PSU could mess up your entire PC(including the disks with your photos) and therefor isn't something you should go cheap on. But that's just my opinion.

Jan

Alan

Jan, I'll let others comment on whether or not the GTS 450 won't help.

But, the GTX 470? It's $430, and will probably require a 600 watt power supply.

Plus, the card won't fit most older PCs, and will likely take up two card slot spaces, because of its hefty girth.

It's probably not what Denise had in mind (certainly, it won't work for my PC. I might as well upgrade to a new PC before I'd get the 470).

Alan

Well, there is no solution for my situation now anyway. My daughter opened up my computer to install her old graphics card, the ATI Radeon HD 3450. As we looked inside, neither one of us could find anything that resembles a graphics card! She said it is either integrated into the box that is in there for the TV or it's integrated into something else but there is no stand alone graphics card! So, I'm stuck! []

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions anyway ..I hope you find a way to solve your problem! Please post in this thread and let us all know how it works out for you.

Denise

Alan

Denise, this is very unusual. If your PC is 4 years old, it has to have a video card. You said you're running Windows 7 64 bit.

The card may have a TV output on it, but it is still a stand alone video card.

You can find it by opening Windows Explorer, right clicking on My Computer, Manage, then look in the area that says "device manager."

By the little arrow next to "display adapters," click it. It will show your video card.

You have a video card in your computer, even if it has TV inputs and outputs on it.

And, if you have one, it can be replaced.

Alan

So, if she takes out my TV tuner, she can input her card? She says I would need to get a "HDMI adapter" (not sure if that is the correct name for it).

Alan

Yes.

Do you watch TV on your computer? If not, you won't need the TV tuner card. Are you referring to a VGA adapter? This converts a DVI connector (on the card) that allows connection to a monitor that has a VGA plug on it. But, I doubt this card has a DVI plug on it. So, I'm not sure what you mean by the HDMI adapter.

At Alan.

Actually the 450 GTS will work, but like Jan said it needs a hack to make it work. For some reason I thought the 450 was natively supported but it was the 470. Sorry about that.

Here is a link to make a non supported card work with CS5 forums.adobe.com/.../2792291.

You basically type your card name in the supported cards list and it should work.

If your don't want to hack anything the next cheapest card is the 285 GTX and that costs about $350/$400 and needs a 550 watt PSU, if you allready have a PSU big enough that might/hopefully be in your budget. It makes a differance not only for exporting your images but also makes it much nicer to use.

Here is a video for you tv.adobe.com/.../gpuaccelerated-effect-performance-enhancements.

At Denise.

You don't have to have a graphics card to work necessarily, all you need is a PCI express X16 slot on your mother board. I know my old computer had only an integrated graphics chip but it still had a PCI express X16 slot and I was able to put a nice card in it.

John.