Quote Originally Posted by Richard Lane
During halftime, you usually need a break to go to the bathroom, get something to eat and/or shoot the halftime show. Remember, parents of the cheerleaders, kick-line team and the band may buy some photos too. From a marketing standpoint, I understand that some people will want instant gratification, but it also may be better to go home and edit the photos and show them the best ones online, especially while you're perfecting your craft. You will also be dealing with your big white lens, monopod and now you throw a laptop into the equation, it may be daunting. I think in reality you would have to go and put your equipment away after the game is over and then get the laptop out of the car, and then upload the photos, find the parents, find the photos and so on. I just don't think it will work, unless you had an assistant that you can pass the compact flash card to at half-time and then again at the end of the game.

Thanks Rich, for the dose of reality,I can envision all of the issues you and others talked about, The more I think about it, The more I realize this would have to be a two personjob, but even if that worked, you would be showing unedited or unscreened photos and i am very uncomfortable with that---So maybe a t-shirt and some business cards would be a better way to go---Of course, I could always use the laptop for other things

I think you should start off slowly without investing too much money at first. There really isn't a lot of money to be made like this, but it's certainly a fun thing to do, and if you make some money then that will be nice bonus. If you would like to buy a laptop anyway, then that's a different story.

I don't plan on using or buying any equipment I didn't already have on my wish list, not unless this thing really grows.---Then I understand the 400 2.8 is the sideliners lens of choice But that is only a fantasy at this point.

I assume you will have sideline access?

Actually, I have been working off of invitation only so far. But I did go down and get my business license this week and apply for "authorized vendor" pass with the league just to add some legitamacy to the operation. So I really won't have unrestricted access to youth football until next season. I had considered the same with the school district, but many of their games are at night and I really don't have the equipment for that.

Thanks,

Bob