Hey all,

Anyone ever have a problem with their shutter button on a Canon DSLR or specifically on a 7D? I've had my shutter itself go out on my old Rebel XSi once, but this isn't the shutter - there is no Error 99 or error of any kind, and everything else works 100% PERFECTLY (reviewing photos on the memory card, taking video, changing settings etc...) but I just can't use the button that you would use to shoot a photo as it's not responding. VERY odd. I am going to look at getting it serviced. Canon in Canada wants $219 CAD for it... and I'll bet it's a $50 job. Anyone know anything about this?

I'm thinking of getting it repaired and then selling it, as I would like to move up to a FF camera for weddings, low-light and better portraits. As much as I love my 7D, I think I'm outgrowing it a little, though I'll certainly miss it for sports. Ideally, I'd like to have both the 7D AND FF, but we can't always have ideally right? I'm going to hop over the park and experiment with videography, since that works great. I want to make a little documentary thing about Parc La Fontaine in Montreal (I live right next to it) but I have no clue what I'm doing with video. I'm trying to get my girlfriend to research video a bit because she'd be great at videography for weddings or other events. I figure we'd make a formidable team! Maybe this is the universe's way of telling me to learn about videography? .... since that's all I can do with the camera now? haha!

- Jordan

www.freshphotoblog.com