Thread: Now Supporting Tapatalk Mobile App

Now Supporting Tapatalk Mobile App

Hi everyone,

One of the benefits of the new forum software platform is that the Tapatalk mobile app is now supported. Upon the recommendation of Neuro, I have added the Tapatalk plugin to the software configuration. Neuro has been testing the app is has not found any problems to this point, so ... here is the canned intro from Tapatalk:

Tapatalk is a forum app on the iPhone, Android, webOS, Windows Phone 7 and BlackBerry. Tapatalk Forum App provides super fast on-the-go forum access to majority of the discussion forums that has activated the Tapatalk plugin.

Showing New and Unread Thread with Avatar and Number of reply:

Images in the thread are converted to thumbnail and allow full-screen viewing

Ability to see Who's Online and what they are doing:

Ability to search by topics and posts:

Ability to upload images directly from Android and iPhone!:

Forum Moderation support:

Check out http://www.tapatalk.com for more information!

The Tapatalk app costs $2.99 (this site does not gain from the app sales).

Note that The-Digital-Picture.com Community (with the dashes) is the name to look for.

Best regards,

Bryan

Beautiful news.

I'm a very happy ham.

I've been experimenting with tapatalk on the iPad. Generally it's pretty useful, but there is one major annoyance. I set the app to take me to the "latest post" when I click on a thread. Sometimes it does exactly that, while sometimes it takes me to the first post of the thread. Anyone else experience that? Maybe this has something to do with the conversion from the previous forum to vbulletin? It seems like the setting works properly on new threads created since the conversion.

I've noticed that it starts with first thread (or top of page) while the thread loads, pauses there - sometimes for a while if the thread is long - then 'zooms' down to the first unread thread. That's on an iPhone 4S.

So far, though, I've been very happy with Tapatalk. It's 10x easier to do anything on the forum with an Android phone and Tapatalk than it was before the conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters View Post
    It's 10x easier to do anything on the forum with an Android phone and Tapatalk than it was before the conversion.
    Absolutely! On my iPad before the conversion, I could read posts. Anything else took lots of copy/paste, luck and a few incantations.

I actually prefer Tapatalk on my phone to my laptop!

Curious if anyone else is experiencing this on tapatalk....on any thread with more than two pages of posts, when I tap into it I get either the first or last page of posts. Problem is that page 1 and the last page are identical (usually the first page of posts), and it never includes the most recent post. So on most threads I can never see the latest post! this happens on both the iPhone and iPad.

Notice the two shots. Both of the same thread- one on page 1 an one at the last page, and it's the same! Ah!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322236461.417892.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	13.0 KB 
ID:	137
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322236469.882222.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	138

UPDATE: choosing "oldest post" in the thread settings seems to have "fixed" the issue, even though now when I tap into a thread I get the newest post first. Go figure!
    Last edited by thekingb; 11-25-2011 at 03:14 PM.