Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best Landscape...

Franco - Really nice landscapes. The ducks in the foreground makes the shot.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Beautiful shots Pat, M_six, Jan and Franco!

Pat - amazing colors
    M_six - perfect timing! The exposure is bang-on for me
    Jan - nice balance with Tv, focal length and ISO noise. Steady tripod you have there.
    Franco - nice work! The first one is my fav

Senior Member francongphotography's Avatar
    Thank you for all your kind comments. I was hoping that I'd get some ducks in the picture..but there happens to be a duck couple swimming across so I just went for the shot
    Canon 5D Mk II, 550D/T2i, 50mm f/1.4 USM, 100mm f/2.8 L USM, 17-40mm f/4 L USM, 24-105mm f/4 L USM, 70-200mm f/4 L IS USM, 320EX speedlite

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/franco_ng/

Thanks for the comments everybody There are still some power-lines in the image I need to get rid off, but haven't succeeded in a good manor yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
    My night skies always come out pitch black except for the moon. Evening skies, when there is still a little light, seem to be easier to shoot.
    I know what you're talking about. Note that I'm not an experienced night sky photographer myself, still early on the learning curve, but I know a few tricks.
    1 - You don't really need to be somewhere extremely remote. You can see a lot even fairly close to civilization. Since I ride on my bicycle to places I shoot you can see that I'm not very remote either. It does help though. Normally I try to be at least 2km/1,5miles away from the nearest house. That helps a lot.
    2 - I use a remote with timer(cheap ebay thing). It's nice for time-lapses, but it's also nice to be used as a remote for the BULB mode of your camera. When I start I quickly put my camera to manual mode with a very high ISO so I can shoot underneath 30 seconds. This way you can quickly decide what exposure you need/want. Then you can lower ISO, perhaps change aperture and use the old settings as a reference to calculate the right exposure at the new settings. When I'm done, I usually put it to BULB(unless it's less than 30s) and start shooting. I use 2 second timer as well.
    3 - If you want to see more stars, you have to make sure the light of the moon is as little as possible, because it brightens the sky too much. Search google on when there's a "new moon" in your area. At that stage only the shadow side of the moon is visible(barely) because the moon is inbetween the sun and the earth. (correct me if I'm wrong) Someday near the new moon stage gives you the best chances. As long as the sky is quite clear of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by francongphotography View Post
    TBH, I'm a die-hard Holland national soccer team fan Really want to visit that beautiful country.
    First off, great shots! Second, I think I'd trade places with you any day I bet the nature is quite more spectacular where you live. I'm not the biggest soccer fan to be honest. I like to watch occasionally to matches, but I don't follow any league or so. Except: the European and World Championships! I hardly can't wait till this summer!
    Quote Originally Posted by DLS View Post
    Jan - nice balance with Tv, focal length and ISO noise. Steady tripod you have there.
    Hihi I know right? Without a joke I use a tripod which I got for free with a magazine membership that costs me 40 Euro(55 USD or so?) a year No fancy Manfrotto or anything, but it works good enough for me. My girlfriend even got a better tripod than I have

Anyway without only having text in this message, here are some shots from yesterdaymorning. I went to see a sunset at -18,5 degrees Celsius. And luckily I did, because it was something special. After an hour or so I was forced to get back home because my limbs where turning into ice

The tree on this last photo I have shot before when it was extremely foggy. I'll try to get that online soon to show the difference.

As I said, I shot this tree before in a different season(fall 2010):

The Tree of Life by Jan Paalman, on Flickr

Senior Member nvitalephotography's Avatar
    Jan, I love that first shot. The way the frozen grass is lit really makes the photo.

Nice shots, Jan. Love the foggy tree shot.

Later this spring when it's warmer I'll get out and work on night shots. I can drive a couple of miles and be far away from any buildings, so I have no excuse to not get a clear sky images.
    Mark - Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky View Post
    As I said, I shot this tree before in a different season(fall 2010):
    Wow... that is perfect!!!
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Senior Member francongphotography's Avatar
    Wow Jan, how many beautiful shots do you have to share with us!? I really liked that one of icy grass with the sun backlighting..really reflects the chill.

Went to Stanley Park in Vancouver this morning (the biggest,most beautiful nature park in the region)...got some really nice landscape/seascape with the help of my ND filters
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stanleypark-2.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	470Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stanleypark-12.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	471Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stanleypark-20.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	472
    Canon 5D Mk II, 550D/T2i, 50mm f/1.4 USM, 100mm f/2.8 L USM, 17-40mm f/4 L USM, 24-105mm f/4 L USM, 70-200mm f/4 L IS USM, 320EX speedlite

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/franco_ng/

Franco - You live in a beautiful area... keep them coming.
    flickr