Page 24 of 63 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best Landscape...

oh that reminds me - summer of 91, we used to have lots of fun

Arnt

Quote Originally Posted by cls View Post
    Hi, Tuesday evening I had a couple of hours on my own and took the opportunity to bring the camera to a typical Swedish lake a few kilometers from my home. This is a place I go now and then for swimming (when the sea is too cold), photography, fishing or just some peace & quiet. This was an evening with almost no wind which may look nice, but those of you who experienced still evenings by lakes know what that means - billions of mosquitoes. I choose to see it from the bright side: Summer is here!
    Great looking calm lake. The reflections are always nice.

It has been nice here... because no mosquitoes yet.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Nice shots Claes! Definitely looks like the Swedish lakes I've seen. It also brings memories to the lovely moscuitoes we had in Norway last year

@ Andi, really cool shot!

I'm not really sure in what category I need to post this(HDR, Panorama, Landscape, Current ), but me and my girlfriend where camping in Luxembourg last weekend. I'm going through the photos now, because despite the fairly large amounts of rain we did manage to get quite some photos. This one is a HDR Panorama of the Sure lake. A lake that is created by a big Dam. The image is made out of 51 shots. 17 x 3 exposures.

Panorama over the Sure-lake Luxembourg by Jan Paalman, on Flickr

And this is the Dam that creates the lake:

Dam at Esch sur Sure Luxembourg by Jan Paalman, on Flickr

More coming when I have sorted more of the photos

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky View Post
    I'm not really sure in what category I need to post this(HDR, Panorama, Landscape, Current )...
    You can categorize them as "Good".

That lake shot is a great view.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Senior Member francongphotography's Avatar
    amazing pics, Jan, I gotta learn how to do panorama! I always fail when I'm trying to stitch my photos together..Thank you for sharing, hope you enjoyed your camping trip.
    Canon 5D Mk II, 550D/T2i, 50mm f/1.4 USM, 100mm f/2.8 L USM, 17-40mm f/4 L USM, 24-105mm f/4 L USM, 70-200mm f/4 L IS USM, 320EX speedlite

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/franco_ng/

Quote Originally Posted by francongphotography View Post
    amazing pics, Jan, I gotta learn how to do panorama! I always fail when I'm trying to stitch my photos together..Thank you for sharing, hope you enjoyed your camping trip.
    Try overlapping each new frame 1/2 to 2/3rds when framing your pano. The good folks here helped me identify that as my main issue over a year ago when I was having problems stitching my shots together in PS.
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky View Post
    This one is a HDR Panorama of the Sure lake. A lake that is created by a big Dam. The image is made out of 51 shots. 17 x 3 exposures.
    Now this is a great landscape image - very beautiful. I especially like the clouds, or rather the dynamic lighting of the landscape that the clouds provide.

One of my experiences with panoramas is that I often underestimate the need for cropping in the stitching process, and this results in a too tight crop where some detail that I would have wanted in the image has to be cropped out. Was this the case with the lake in the bottom of the image?

Check your calendars....it should show "Blue Moon" under today's notable listings (I'm posting to a landscapes thread).

Burgess Falls by budrowilson, on Flickr

That's very good, but what have you done to our Sean?
    Don't hurt him,please return him safely.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur