Thread: Mission Accomplished!! Please Critique!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mission Accomplished!! Please Critique!!

Well, a few days ago I mentioned that I was a woman on a mission to see my first ever snowy owl! Well, after almost daily trips to the marina in my city and Racine which is about 40 minutes north of me and also south into Illinois about a 1/2 hour from where I live ...I FINALLY SAW ONE!! I am doing the happy dance!!!

I know these aren't fantastic but please let me know what you think. I have MANY to go thru so I want to make sure I am on the right track as far as brightness, white balance, etc. etc. My screen isn't calibrated so I hope they look ok. I am hoping I will walk away with at least a handful really good ones and don't mess them up in post by over-processing or under-processing. There was some shadows that I tried to lighten. On some, my focus wasn't spot on and I may have tried to sharpen too much to compensate. I tend to make things worse when I'm done!

Suggestions would be appreciated before I go thru too many of these. Thanks Much!!

IMG_9511 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr

IMG_9417 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr

IMG_9408 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr

IMG_9481 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr

BTW - Thank you again Pat and Jonathan for letting me know about the ebird website ...I never would have found this bird without it!!

Happy New Year!!!

Denise
    Last edited by ddt0725; 01-01-2012 at 03:16 AM.