Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Reikan FoCal - Automatic AF Micro adjustment software

Oh well when I entered the message above the data was all in columns, when I edit it, it is all nicely formatted and readable but as soon as it posts it is all messed up, so sorry I could not get more of a table.

Alan
    Alan Smallbone
    Orange county, CA

I purchased FoCal Plus this evening and have been unable to get it to install. I am running Windows XP SP3 on Parallels 7. When I go to install FoCal it tells me I need to install .NET Framework 4.0 and presents me the option to do that. I hit the "Yes" button and ran through the installation process for that and restarted the VM. When I went to install FoCal it gives me the same dialog box asking me to install .NET 4.0. Anyone else have this problem and find a solution? I have emailed Reikan but didn't know if there was an easy fix anyone else had encountered.

ETA: Figured it out. FoCal was directing me to a Client Profile subset of .NET 4.0. When I installed the full framework I was able to install FoCal without a problem.
    Last edited by anotherguy; 03-08-2012 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Updated

IIRC, I downloaded the .NET framework directly from Microsoft. I'm also running it on a Parallels XP SP3 VM.

I also downloaded it from microsoft. It just sent me to the .NET 4.0 client profile instead of the full thing. Not really sure what the difference is but installing the full framework fixed it right up.

FYI, v1.6 is now available, which offers support for the 1D X (in MSC mode like the 5DIII), and a few other enhancements.

I wonder why it takes so much time to integrate a new camera and yet this is not the full automatic mode... Is Canon changing its API for every camera? By now, I would have guessed that they had a more or less stable interface.

The 5DIII and 1D X have a more complex AFMA than previous cameras, including serial number recognition and storing two values for zoom lenses. I suspect that is what's behind the need for a partly manual mode

You're right. I had overlooked the two AFMAs for tight and wide. I hope Reikan ends up with a proper integration and a full auto mode. I find it so nice to put a lens on the 7D and let it do its stuff alone.

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist View Post
    FYI, v1.6 is now available, which offers support for the 1D X (in MSC mode like the 5DIII), and a few other enhancements.
    Thanks, John
    Bob