Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
...I came away with the impression it was telling everyone more about how to keep their pictures from being blurry than they were promoting a new high resolution 36 megapixel sensor.

Normally I expect a so-called "Technical Guide" to be yet another marketing puff piece that only exaggerates all the benefits of the product. Isn't it refreshing when a company actually includes technical guidance, such as describing circumstances where the new product may not be any more superior to the old one? Next thing you know they might start reducing their bald-faced lies content to less than 50%.

Maybe were seeing the end of the megapixel race.

People have been saying that since 8 MP came out, and I don't believe that 36 MP is the end. If it is the end, I'm pretty disappointed, because I could really take advantage of at least 200 MP.

I get the impression from the guide that to much resolution could be a bad thing for everyday general photography,

I don't. What gives you that impression? At the very worst, the increased pixel count will only result in the *same* resolution as before -- it can never be worse.