Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Image from Flicker

Image from Flicker

Ok, help a dummy please. It seems images from Flicker are the best way to post images on the forum but I cannot figure out how to do it. I try clicking the image icon, selecting from url, and pasting the url path to the Flicker image and I get an error, 'invalid url'
    Mark

Click "Share". Select the "BBCode" and copy and paste it here. I usually choose the Medium 640 size.

I think others do it a different way but this is the only way I know how.

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    Click "Share". Select the "BBCode" and copy and paste it here. I usually choose the Medium 640 size.

I think others do it a different way but this is the only way I know how.
    Denise,
    I must be real slow. I followed you to "BBCode". copy what? Paste it here? how?
    Mark

IMG_0127 by clemmb60, on Flickr
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by clemmb View Post

IMG_0127 by clemmb60, on Flickr
    Well, I obviously figured it out. Thanks Denise.
    I did a bridal shoot today. I cannot display the girl yet since she is not yet married.
    Mark

Glad to see you were able to make it work for you! I'm sorry my instructions were pretty vague. Nice shot ...looking forward to seeing the rest of the photos after the wedding!

Denise

Love your shoes Mark, as an aside, I had been posting everything on here from Flickr because that was the only was to get it to a viewable non-thumbnail size.

But Jan showed me only a couple of days ago if I load directly to this site from my hard drive it posts as a thumbnail. But this was the enlightening thing for me, after loading the image as a thumbnail, you just double-click on the thumbnail and it brings up options to change the size of the thumbnail to a medium or large image. Which is great for me because I put things on this site, that I would prefer not to load on to Flickr.

That's a pretty big cat you have on your back deck on Flickr.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Mark:

Your shots are always clean and sharp and I have always enjoyed viewing them and your style, but I do not think loading attachments into this new forum software do them justice (IQ takes a big hit). I look forward to seeing your work as you intended it to look.

Pat
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Nice shot of the fancy shoes Denise.....

Steve, I've had similar experiences to Pat, in which directly loading to the forum the image takes a big IQ hit. That is why I opened my flikr account. Have you noticed a IQ hit with your method?

Mark, I haven't tried the method Denise proposed. In flickr, I double click on an image, and then I right click on that image and choose the size I want. The I copy that and paste it into TDP.

The other thing you can do is load images from Picasaweb. However, it's a bit more tedious getting the links right as Google doesn't provide BBC code, only HTML. You have to copy the actual image location and wrap it with the image's link within the TDP textbox. For instance, if I wanted to post a pic from Picasaweb, this is what I would have to do:

1) Make sure the album's sharing properties are set for Viewable. Click on "My Photos" at the top, then choose "Edit Visibility." From there you can change the permissions for each album. I usually set mine to "Limited: Anyone with the link."

2) Go to the album with your picture and click on it. On the right hand side, choose "Link to this Photo." When the options appear, choose a size for embedding the image (I usually choose Medium 640 or 400), then checkmark "Image Only." Copy the link from the "Embed Image" textbox.

3) Use the "Image" icon above the TDP Community textbox to place the image within your post. Choose "From URL," and uncheck the box labeled "Retrieve remote file and reference locally."

4) Go back to Picasaweb and copy the information in the the textbox labeled "Link." Go back to your TDP Community post and click on the image to select it. Then click the "URL" button, and assign it the image's link to Picasaweb.

Doing that last step allows other to go to Picasaweb and view the EXIF data associated with the image, which is a very handy thing in most situations.

Here, I've posted "Medium 400" from a gallery of textures I have.

Last edited by Sean Setters; 02-19-2012 at 11:46 AM.