View Poll Results: Which is your favorite?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ehcalum

2 11.76%
  • Dr Croubie

2 11.76%
  • Steve U

9 52.94%
  • Sheiky

4 23.53%
  • CLS

0 0%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: #34 - Inspire Me - Congrats Steve

Great input everyone! Great stories as well. I know I'm inspired more with each submission. Also thanks for bringing the elephant to the room Denise

Since the assignment needed a little warming-up, we'll have the entry-period extended until Sunday. After Sunday the entry-period is definitely closed. Until then, please submit your photos and enjoy the assignment!

I've always been inspired by nature. I feel naked hiking without a camera because I always fear I'll miss a great shot. Still, not very easy to choose a shot from nature that could most describe inspiration. So I'll go with an unusual one.

I call this the Triumph of Nature. With a very thinly veiled reference to a certain monument in Paris... Full size image on the click through. 500D, 17-55.
    My gear: Canon 500D, 17-55mm F/2.8 IS, 70-200 F/4L IS, 100mm F/2.8 macro (non-USM), 50mm F/1.4

Brian has selected the five finalists. Congratulations! Good luck voting everybody!
    Last edited by Sheiky; 04-24-2012 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Finalists have been selected

The poll has ended and we've got a winner! Congratulations Steve! Well done

I'll PM you for the next assignment.

Congratz Steve

Jan; is there any way to sticky these poll's to the "new post" list. I never even noticed we were voting.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    Congratz Steve

Jan; is there any way to sticky these poll's to the "new post" list. I never even noticed we were voting.
    Rich, I don't really know or thought about it actually. I always view the forums by category and the latest assignment is pretty much always on top in the assignment category. I guess you're using the "What's new?" lay-out?
    Normally I will reply to the assignment whenever things change(finalists selection, voting, winner announcement). But if that isn't really working for you I'd like to know. Thanks for the tip.

Congrats Steve! (If I had voted, I would likely have voted for your winning shot.)

Regarding the "new posts" list, I believe the reason that the assignment thread wasn't put on it this time was that the voting was announced via an edit of a previous post rather than a new post. (The edit doesn't seem to refresh the time stamp for the post.)

I normally just watch the what’s new list because I usually look at forum daily. Like cls said, I think it was just an edit when it went to voting so the thread never got bumped.
    The last two poll's I missed voting.

I wouldn’t ask to change a routine for me, but there were only 17 votes on this assignment and that is pretty low. I just thought part of the reason is the thread didn’t pop to the top of the list.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    I normally just watch the what’s new list because I usually look at forum daily. Like cls said, I think it was just an edit when it went to voting so the thread never got bumped.
    Ditto. Didn't notice that voting had started because my link just goes right to the New Posts page.

Steve; Just a note, I didn't mean to point out the vote thing out to take away from your win in any way. There were some very good entries, and I thought the poll was still open. I was trying to cast my vote for your pic when I figured out I had missed the voting time. I thought you had an exceptional pic.