Thread: 5D MKIII light leak.....Just how serious of a problem isit??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Definitely has not been noticeable to me. Have done night shots, with and without the display light on, and not seen any difference in exposures. Considering this is the first body that I have had all my zoom lenses not need any AFMA whatsoever, even though it ironically has superior adjustment capabilities, there is little chance of it being sent back for fixing something that isn't a problem for fear of mucking something else up. As I doubt resale is likely to happen for many years, I don't think I'll be losing any sleep over this.

Of course, if it turns out to be replacing a defective weather seal that is something worth sending it back for.

you don't think this could be a cover to turn off the self-destruct do you???

well that sounds reassuring since I do believe you guys use your gear more than I do, and with all the lighting conditions in which you use your 5dmkiii, the "issue" is not felt by you guys then I guess I won't be affected as much either.

Yup just got my 5dmkiii about 5 hours ago..... what can I say..... the AF is simply superb......well at least for me a guy who has gotten used to the 9pt AF of the 5d mkii and XTi.

Pictures shot raw look sharp in image browser but not as much in DPP so i'm still waiting for that update.

Tried several 3 shot bursts of a motorcycles coming towards me and going away from me all look sharp to me....

Seeing those bursts.... as sharp as they were put a smile on my face...