Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone please explain

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Can anyone please explain

I feel terribly embarrassed for asking this, but here it goes. I cannot work out how how to do a reply to any thread with the quote wrap. I have tried numerous ways but with no result. Thanks for your assistance.
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

In the gray bar below ones message you've got three options. Reply, Reply with Quote and Multi-Quote this message.
    Reply with Quote makes you quote one message and reply to that. Multi-Quote makes you quote multiple messages and reply to all of them. If you use the Multi-Quote, quote as many messages as you want and use the Reply with Quote option for the last message that you want to quote.

I hope it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by bouwy View Post
    I feel terribly embarrassed for asking this, but here it goes. I cannot work out how how to do a reply to any thread with the quote wrap. I have tried numerous ways but with no result. Thanks for your assistance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky View Post
    In the gray bar below ones message you've got three options. Reply, Reply with Quote and Multi-Quote this message.
    Reply with Quote makes you quote one message and reply to that. Multi-Quote makes you quote multiple messages and reply to all of them. If you use the Multi-Quote, quote as many messages as you want and use the Reply with Quote option for the last message that you want to quote.

I hope it works out.
    ;-)

Use the "Reply with Quote" button. If all else fails, copy and paste text into [ quote ] [ /quote ] tags (I put extra spaces in that so it wouldn't actually do the quotes).

Like that, Wally?

You need to click the "Reply With Quote" button at the bottom of the post (arrow on left). If you want to quote to multiple posts in the reply, toggle the Multiquote button (arrow on right) below each post you want to quote, then click Reply With Quote on one of the selected posts.

Name:  Reply.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  23.7 KB

One point - you have to click the Reply With Quote button before you start typing in the Quick Reply box, else what you've typed is erased.

Hope that helps, but if I've completely missed the point of your question, let me know.

--John
    Last edited by neuroanatomist; 04-27-2012 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist View Post
    One point - you have to click the Reply With Quote button before you start typing in the Quick Reply box, else what you've typed is erased.
    Good point

Another point, you now definitely have a topic to try out the different methods of quoting

[QUOTE=Sheiky;68934]Good point

Another point, you now definitely have a topic to try out the different methods of quoting
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

Thanks Guys.
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

[QUOTE=Sheiky;68934]Good point

This what I get with yours Jan
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo