View Poll Results: Which photo is your favorite?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • ddt0725

5 14.71%
  • w349

5 14.71%
  • cls

3 8.82%
  • nvitalephotography

5 14.71%
  • btaylor

16 47.06%

Thread: #35 - A Stranger in Black & White - Congrats btaylor

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

#35 - A Stranger in Black & White - Congrats btaylor

On behalf of Steve U the assignment is: A Stranger in Black & White

"Some people may find that a little confronting, but I hope not. Generally when I shoot an event and I take some candid shots of people I don't know, or posed shots in some cases, I leave feeling a little bit more like a "photographer" each time. So these photos can come from a parade, a festival, a sporting event, a street or in a park. It would be too easy for members just to convert a shot of your partner, child or pet to a B&W, hence the term "stranger". As we know candid shots of strangers can have an edgy quality to them and connection to the viewer that makes them even more poignant."

"Thank you to all that participated and embraced the subject of this assignment."

The following photos have been selected as finalists:

Name: ddt0725
    Motivation: An intriguing portrait of an interesting subject, processed with Denise's professional artistic flair.

Name: w349
    Motivation: This type of image unfortunately is a common scene in many places, w349 has captured the feel of this genre with incongruent class and elegance.

Name: cls
    Motivation: This guy would be a walking story that we may not want to hear and this image hints at the chapters of his life, great capture.

Name: nvitalephotography
    Motivation: This one while a tiny bit voyeuristic I could see on a gallery wall, the processing is classy and we are invited, unseen, into this young ladies world.

Name: btaylor
    Motivation: Technically a great shot, nails the brief, train stations are a haven for strangers and good B&W's.

The poll will be opened for 3 days, please vote!
    Last edited by Sheiky; 05-15-2012 at 09:00 AM.