Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feedback Please

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    Dave and BK have it covered. I was refering to the color temperature which is measured in degree Kelvin. A quick link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_temperature

As you shot in RAW, simply open the file in DPP. You note that color is "as shot." Open that tab. You can select any of the options (cloudy, shade, tungsten, etc), but I would recommend selecting "Color Temperature." That will give you a slider bar. Move the slider to the left a little and see if you like the results. One cool feature is the eye dropper. If you click on it and drop it on something white, it will set the white balance as whatever you dropped it on. I am not sure if the eye dropper will work in your photo, perhaps the teeth are close enough to white.

Good luck, and again, nice photo.
    Awesome link. Thanks!

So, I just got done playing around with some more pictures. I pared down >400 images to these, I edited the 2 with the geese, and cropped for composition the deer. I was hoping for feedback on the editing on the geese as well as overall impression. I wanted feedback on the composition of shot on the deer. Thanks!

Does the tree take away from the shot?

IMG_0238_edited-1 by aleyoung86, on Flickr

IMG_0321_edited-1 by aleyoung86, on Flickr

On the geese, I created a duplicate image in photoshop (elements 10) and adjusted the contrast and shadows, then merged the images. Same procedure done for both images.

Geese by aleyoung86, on Flickr

Looking at You copy by aleyoung86, on Flickr