I have been looking at Tripods and am thinking about the Manfrotto 190XPROB or stepping up to the 190CXPRO3. I am an amateur, so just want something stable and light enough to carry around. I also want to avoid wanting to replace it in a year as well. I have a 60D with 17-55 f/2.8 and 70-200 f/4. I would be shooting family, landscapes, maybe macro in the future. I don't need precision, just ease of use and strong enough to hold my equipment.

A lot of times in the forums I see these recommended along with the 498RC2 Ball Head. Manfrotto seems to recommend the 054 Magnesium Ball Head with the 190CXPRO3.

Does anyone have recommendations between the 2 Ball Heads? I assume the 054 is better due to its line but they seem similar feature-wise and I can't tell if it is enough to justify the jump from $100 to $150. I think I would rather put that money towards carbon fiber. Combined, all the combo's here are under $400 which is in my budget. I could spend more, but I am not sure I would need better based on my uses.

Will the 498RC2 cover what I need or should I think about the 054?

Thanks!
Eric