Quote Originally Posted by ahab1372 View Post
Just found this regarding the improved(Apple)/crippled(us) Highlights & Shadows tool in Aperture 3.3. There is a ways to bring the old tool with the advanced options back:
http://www.apertureexpert.com/tips/2...-aperture.html

I had already experimented with Curves, but this is still easier.

Arnt
Thanks for info. I read the part where the author says he couldn't do a better job. In all honesty I try to stay away from that pallet. It means I've jacked up a shot. I have used to fix images where my strobes didn't fire and the model nailed a pose though.

I recently shot an event that TONS of purple uplighting and Aperture for some unknown reason can NOT handle purple especially when it bleeds out from a hot spot. I had 700 shots and Aperture was destroying them all.

Out of desperation I downloaded the Lightroom 4.1 trial and I hate to say it but it did a great job on the purple and just about everything else. The UI is as clanky and goofy looking as could be but the Adobe RAW engine has come a long way in 4 years.

I really hate to say this but I think I may invest the $150 in LR as I really in and foresee Apple throwing in the towel on pro apps. I expect Aperture and iPhoto to merge. Maybe behind the scenes this is Apple throwing a bone back or playing nice with Adobe again.