Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Ok, hold the laughter ...ME a wedding photographer!???

+10 for the daughter

some how I suspect she isn't the little cutie on your flickr page.
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    That's great news about how you and your daughter worked well together. Do you want to tell us how many shots you took yet?
    And what time you left home and what time you got back. Also put the clock on yourself during the editing and photo post presentation to the bride and groom. This will be an interesting exercise for all of us amateurs to gain some insight.
    LOL! Is this your sweet and subtle way of telling me to be quiet now, Steve ...enough info already!

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    Since I know I wouldn't be able to charge more for awhile (especially to the same family), I don't think I will be doing this again. I will leave it to the pros.
    Or you just make it clear that you are charging more for your services. If anyone mentions your previous pricing, just tell them that was your first time. Now you have an idea of what it costs you to do it (gear, effort, physical pain, time to shoot, time to post, profit). If you charge more, you might hurt a little less after the next time.

I hate to break it to you Denise, but after that shoot, you are a pro. It's up to people like me to leave it to people like you.

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    LOL! Is this your sweet and subtle way of telling me to be quiet now, Steve ...enough info already!
    No Denise, re-reading my post I can now see that there is a possibility of interpretting it that way.
    I am actually very interested in seeing the amount of time you end up putting into this venture. You set a very high standard for yourself and I know you priced this event to reflect your experience and also as a learning experience, but it would be a good exercise to see how much time is actually involved to deliver the final product. Including if you have to go and see them again to discuss details and so on.
    I don't have your technical abilities and skills, but I try to come close with passion and enthusiasm. We all can learn a lot from your experiences with this first wedding.
    Most of us probably charged our batteries and sent positive thoughts your way and were hoping for clear skies in Wisconsin last weekend. I know I said to my wife, Denise is probably elbowing people with P&S cameras out of the way right about now!! Hope she's keeping her cool.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur