Thread: Olympus OM D EM5, lightning strike..

Olympus OM D EM5, lightning strike..

I already know Canon is best, but...
    I was talking to a guy who with a partner have their own fine art portraiture, fashion and family portrait business. They are kept busy shooting online fashion photography and portraits.
    Well this bloke has just sold his 7D and now shoots with the Olympus OM D. Both guys shoot with this camera and love it. He said the focus speed is the best in the business, including the 1D-X (well about level) but easily beats the 7D and just about anything else. IQ is superb, video is better and when he needs access to full frame, he only grabs it rarely now for landscape purposes but the little OM D does that pretty good as well.
    http://www.adorama.com/IOMEM5S.html

Lenses adapt to it easily and via an adapter and weatherproofing is very good. Lenses are very good quality and a lot cheaper than red ring lenses, but you can use them if you grab the adapter.

Has anyone looked at these yet?
    Is anyone considering something like this?
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

I looked at them, but it's just too pricey at the moment (for what I'd want it for at least). And I think I'd have to see the focusing speed to believe it, especially in lower light.

I've been considering it as my personal camera (as a replacement of my Contax G2). But I'm not sure yet because:

- I need to check if the visor is as good as you can read in reviews.
    - Still waiting for a fast standard prime. I don't know how a Panasonic 25mm f/1.4 performs in a Olympus body.
    - Even with the grip, it's too small for me.

Most of my personal pictures are portraits. I'm not concerned about image quality because I rarely print pictures lager than A4. But with a 4/3 sensor you lost two stops in terms of deep of field, the Zuiko 75mm f/1.8 would be a 150mm f3,6.

The OM-D with a couple of fast primes it's not that cheap: 1.200$ the body with the grip, 900$ the Zuiko tele and about 1.500$ if you want the upcoming Schneider Kreuznach.