Page 117 of 137 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1363

Thread: Post Your Best Portrait Shots!

Mpieris,

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

Love 'em all. Very engaging images.

Since you wish a critique, I would only say that the first portrait appears flat in an unflattering way. Better light play would have enhanced it, I think.
    My Tools: 5Diii, 5Dii, 24Lii, 50L, 85Lii, 16-35Lii, 70-200Lii
    My Blog: TLC Photo [Made in Canada, eh!]

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky View Post
    There's not much to critique...great set of photos!
    You can very easily share them by BBcode by the way.
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm not familiar with BBcode. Is there an easier way to share the photo from my iPad? I use it more frequently and the only way I found to do it was upload the image to Flickr and then share the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Mpieris,

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

Love 'em all. Very engaging images.

Since you wish a critique, I would only say that the first portrait appears flat in an unflattering way. Better light play would have enhanced it, I think.
    Thanks for the feedback Jonathan. I see what you mean in the first photo. Cheers!

[QUOTE=nvitalephotography;70165]went and participated in another photoshoot for some more practice photographing people...What I learned is that I need to work on my posing people skills.

I like this photo and the pose seems fine to me. The only thing that is a little distracting to me is the gate/barrier behind her. It's not straight in some places. It doesn't look quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mpieris View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm not familiar with BBcode. Is there an easier way to share the photo from my iPad? I use it more frequently and the only way I found to do it was upload the image to Flickr and then share the link.
    1. Open your Photo Stream
    2. Scroll through the thumb nails and click on the photo you want to post so it is being viewed
    3. Above the photo being viewed is a drop down arrow that says "Share".
    4. Three methods of sharing will show up. They are: "Share this via...", "Grab the link" and "Grab the HTML/BBCode"
    5. Click on "Grab the HTML/BBCode"
    6. At the bottom, select "BBCode"
    7. In the drop down arrow choose the size of picture you want to post. It shows pixel size (I usually choose 800 pixels wide).
    8. Then right mouse click on the code in the text box and the whole mess will highlight and you can click "copy".
    9. Now all you have to do is go to your post... right mouse click and click on the "paste" selection.
    The code will now show in the post, and when you submit or post, then the photo will show up at the size you chose. If you do this in Advanced Posting, then you can preview before posting.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Well, under duress, I was talked in to shooting people--The parents of my future grandchild---Anyway, Knowing that I don't shoot people, they talked me in to it any way, and this was the result--Please feel free to critique my first serious people shot.

7d, 50 1.2L, one light flash and umbrella to the left, black background
    F4, 1/1000, ISO 100, Flash at ETTL---I know, the settings don't make sense, but really, this is what they were.
    Last edited by bob williams; 07-03-2012 at 01:34 AM.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by conropl View Post
    1. Open your Photo Stream
    2. Scroll through the thumb nails and click on the photo you want to post so it is being viewed
    3. Above the photo being viewed is a drop down arrow that says "Share".
    4. Three methods of sharing will show up. They are: "Share this via...", "Grab the link" and "Grab the HTML/BBCode"
    5. Click on "Grab the HTML/BBCode"
    6. At the bottom, select "BBCode"
    7. In the drop down arrow choose the size of picture you want to post. It shows pixel size (I usually choose 800 pixels wide).
    8. Then right mouse click on the code in the text box and the whole mess will highlight and you can click "copy".
    9. Now all you have to do is go to your post... right mouse click and click on the "paste" selection.
    The code will now show in the post, and when you submit or post, then the photo will show up at the size you chose. If you do this in Advanced Posting, then you can preview before posting.
    Thanks but this looks to be instructions for the computer. I don't think it will work from the iPad, which is what I use more frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams View Post
    Well, under duress, I was talked in to shooting people--The parents of my future grandchild---Anyway, Knowing that I don't shoot people, they talked me in to it any way, and this was the result--Please feel free to critique my first serious people shot.

7d, 50 1.2L, one light flash and umbrella to the left, black background
    F4, 1/1000, ISO 100, Flash at ETTL---I know, the settings don't make sense, but really, this is what they were.
    I like the idea and I think it's decently executed as is. I know it's a one light portrait, but I do wish there was some separation light for the father's hair. His light colored shirt separates his back and shoulder from the background, so it's only his hair that needed the light. The only other thing that might have aided the portrait was doing the session slightly earlier in the pregnancy. There's an ideal window to do maternity portraits. One maternity photographer put it to me this way, "There are stages to pregnancy--from glowing, to showing, to beautiful bump, to get this thing out of me!"

Keep in mind, most [especially first-time] mothers don't know when they will actually pass the beautiful bump phase and usually put off scheduling their appointments until the last phase has already begun (I've done several in this phase). :-)
    Last edited by Sean Setters; 07-03-2012 at 02:39 AM.

My wife doesn't want pictures of our daughters plastered all over the internet, which is most of the pictures I take. But, I think this one is safe. It's a portrait in that she is posing for it, and we happened to be sharing the park worker's umbrella a few feet away from her. It's not a lucky shot either. She purposely stood there for multiple takes.

Elmo's Forest of Fun at Busch Gardens, Williamsburg, VA.

I darkened it to bring out the water, but it looks very underexposed on my screen now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mpieris View Post
    Thanks but this looks to be instructions for the computer. I don't think it will work from the iPad, which is what I use more frequently.
    It should work on the iPad too, unless flickr gives you the mobile view. Unfortunately there is no way to change back to full view (at least I haven't found it - flickr, shame on you).
    On my iPhone I get around it by using a different browser (icab) which flickr does not recognize as a mobile browser, thus I get the full view.

Arnt