Thread: For today

For today

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	towerlights3editsmaller.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	173.7 KB 
ID:	1390

GBC, Nice Shot, well exposed. The only suggestion I have is that you try and correct some of the lens distortion ----what software do you use to process your photo's
    Bob

Thanks, Bob. I shot it with the Tokina 11-16, and it does have quite a bit of distortion at 11mm. I used a lens correction in Adobe Bridge, but that mostly works around the edges a bit. My image editing skills are OK as far as color/exposure goes, but I'm not very well-versed in fixing things like barrel distortion. If you have any tips, I'd be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Greg

Isn't that also perspective distortion by pointing the camera upwards? That would be fixed with another tool in Adobe (Perspective something?), not with a lens specific correction.
    Arnt

Thanks, Arnt. I'll check that out. I did have to point the camera upward at a pretty significant angle, since i was basically at the water level of the river.

Perfect use case for a Tilt-Shift lens (but they are expensive)
    Arnt

Quote Originally Posted by gbc View Post
    Thanks, Bob. I shot it with the Tokina 11-16, and it does have quite a bit of distortion at 11mm. I used a lens correction in Adobe Bridge, but that mostly works around the edges a bit. My image editing skills are OK as far as color/exposure goes, but I'm not very well-versed in fixing things like barrel distortion. If you have any tips, I'd be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Greg
    Greg, I normally use the lens distortion sliders in Lightroom which are the same as in ACR. If that isn't enough, than you need to work in go into PS, then filters then Lens Correction---Here is a quick and easy video that should do the trick for you: http://youtu.be/3ZIr-CsSzcU

Good luck,

Bob
    Bob