Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You who has ALREADY upgraded your 5D Mark II to the new 5D Mark III are you happy?

Quote Originally Posted by cem View Post
    i am thinking about doing the same move too my only concern is i mainly take landscape photos shall i go with 5DIII or 1D X ? if i go with 5DIII i will have more money to spend on lenses... if only 1 DX had some more pixels....
    I can think of only three 'advantages' for the 1D X over the 5DIII for a primarily landscape use:

1) if you need to shoot landscapes in rain

2) if you plan to put a BG-E11 grip on the 5DIII and mount to a tripod (grip adds a bit of flex)

3) if you shoot handheld HDR, the 12 fps would help

Personally, if landscapes were the main thing I shot, I'd get the 5DIII.

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist View Post
    Yes, I bet it is...
    LOL! I just saw this! Yes, it was indeed

I'm extremely happy with my 5D Mark II, yes II, not III! I love the files coming out of a full-frame sensor. I use my 5D II mostly for people photography, and the single shot AF is extremely accurate, even the surrounded points! The $1600 that I saved from buying the 5DII instead of 5DIII will go to the 85 f/1.2L II fund . Good old 7D will be for birds and of course I will upgrade to the 7D Mark II or whatever it is when it comes out. I think the 1.6x crop is a huge advantage for bird photography. Anyway I love the 5DIII just like everyone else and would get it in a heartbeat if I had the money. However, money's tight and my main usage for this body does not require AI Servo AF so the 5DII is the best option for me. I apologize for posting a post that is unrelated to the original topic. While it's selling at a very low price, I want to promote the 5DII to those who want to go flull-frame. With price of a 5DIII you can get a 5DII and a very nice lens and a flash or a 7D.

ditto.

Bryan has a link to the 5DII on eBay. $1550. Wow!

If you don't see the IQ improvement, don't waste the money on a new camera, get a new set of glasses in stead