Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Why are my photos showing a green tinge after I upload them?

Quote Originally Posted by clemmb View Post
    Just getting on the computer and reading the thread. I use Firefox. I compared your image above in IE and Firefox. I see more detail in Firefox and it looks sharper. I removed Chrome from my computer. I did not like it when I tried it and it did not seem any faster. I do have a couple of websites that just do not work right unless I am in IE. I guess they were optimized for IE.
    I noticed on your Flicker I can no longer see ExIF data. I understand why you may block that info but I love to see how people shot things and what equipment they used.
    Hi Mark -

I too like to view EXIF data of other peoples shots! I have it blocked currently until I can figure out how to make it when I upload from Bridge that it doesn't show every little detail, like the serial number of my camera. I guess in all reality it doesn't really matter if anyone sees that but I was trying to figure out how to only show certain data that viewers would benefit from.

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    Thanks for taking a look, Jan!
    No problem. As I said I was having some questions myself as well.
    Have you tried cancelling out Flickr to see if that changes things? I'm wondering if Flickr might apply some sort of automated filter.
    You could upload the normal jpeg to both Flickr and your own website and see if it shows any differences. I don't have time now, but hope to do it tomorrow night.

I tried Chrome and IE both. Really didn't like the printing implementation inChrome, so deleted it. And I like the addblock ability of Firefox too much to use IE. Since I use an SSD as a main drive I haven't noticed a difference in speed between these browsers.

I tried Firefox just now and what I see is no different than Chrome ...the green is still there. I also uploaded the photo to my website and it was still green. So the bottom line is the only way I can get accurate color and contrast viewing is with IE. My daughter uses Chrome and I viewed the photo on her computer in flickr and it looks fine. So, I am the only one that can see it I guess.

Well, I ended up going with IE 9 and all is well! I'm still puzzled by the whole thing but at least now I can see the same thing that everyone else is seeing!

Thanks so much for everyone's help with the troubleshooting!

Re: Why are my photos showing a green tinge after I upload them?

What video card did you end up going with.?
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Quote Originally Posted by andnowimbroke View Post
    What video card did you end up going with.?
    Nothing fancy but it is working pretty good for me. I got the Radeon HD 6570 2GB. We have very limited funds so with having to buy everything and use nothing from my old computer, we had to really go with the best we could find for the least amount of $. So far, everything is working fantastic with the computer itself!

The untagged vs tagged debate is difficult. Many leans towards untagged images an in most cases it should work. It depends on the browser. Here is a couple of links for you, Denise. Good read and more about how to tag and untag. http://www.gballard.net/psd/go_live_...Gprofiles.html and http://www.gballard.net/psd/save_for...C_profile.html

Thanks Johnny for the links! Very interesting reads! I won't say I absorbed all the info like a sponge but I did gain a great deal of knowledge reading through them of which I had virtually no knowledge on any of this before!

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    I tried Firefox just now and what I see is no different than Chrome ...the green is still there. I also uploaded the photo to my website and it was still green. So the bottom line is the only way I can get accurate color and contrast viewing is with IE. My daughter uses Chrome and I viewed the photo on her computer in flickr and it looks fine. So, I am the only one that can see it I guess.
    Thanks Sherlock! Will have to install IE sometime to see for myself.

I'd be curious if the green tinge shows up in a print. I could be wrong, but maybe this isn't a browser issue.