I know this question has probably been asked a number of times on the forum but it’s been bugging me for a while now so I thought it might help me get it out of my system by bringing it up.

When I moved over to Canon I started with the 60D and the 50mm f/1.4. Shortly thereafter I got the 17-40mm f/4L, 70-200 f/4L, and 430EX and I was pretty much set for a while. My primary lens of choice was the 17-40 unless I wanted to go small/light then it was the 50mm. When picking out lenses I always made sure to get EF incase I was ever able to upgrade to full frame. This is exactly what I did with the 6D earlier this year. Now that my primary camera is the 6D my lens of choice has primarily been the 50mm.

For my next purchase I intend to get the 100mm f/2.8L (in early May). I use a T3i with the 60mm f/2.8 and 65mm f/2.8 1-5X a lot at work so macro is something I’m familiar with plus I’ve wanted to be able to do macro for awhile with my personal gear.

The primary use for my gear is as a hobby and of course my 2 year old but I also do a dozen or so jobs a year on average which typically includes a wedding or two.

Now to get to my question; what lens would you get next (after the 100mm mentioned above)?

Here is a couple ideas I've considered so far but really I'm not sure where I should go next.
  • Upgrading the 70-200 f/4L to the IS version.
  • Getting the 24-70 f/2.8 II.
  • Getting a few more primes (35 & 85mm) to compliment the 50mm and soon to have 100mm.

Any advice or recommendations are welcome. If you think I should sell everything and buy X tell me why. If it makes sense I may just do it. Thanks in advance for the advice.

PS: I forgot to mention overtime I upgraded the 430EX to the 600EX-RT, got a 40mm pancake, and picked up a ST-E3-RT.