Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Flickr changes

Quote Originally Posted by ahab1372 View Post
    Too bad for me, it was never easier to be a pro ;-)

Arnt
    Haven't you heard ...according to Yahoo's CEO, “There’s no such thing as Flickr Pro today because [with so many people taking photographs] there’s really no such thing as professional photographers anymore.”

Seriously!? Why the heck would she say something like that!? Yeah, that will get flickr renewals! Stupidity!

Anyone use or know much about 500px? Many online are giving it a thumbs up and at face value, it looks like it could take the place of both flickr and my zenfolio site at quite a yearly savings!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters View Post
    I posted my thoughts on the update. :-)

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/N...aspx?News=4912
    Well written. I agree the new look is eye pleasing at first, but there are some usability issues. They chose looks over functionality
    Arnt

Anyone figure out how to view EXIF in the new interface?
    Mark - Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
    Anyone figure out how to view EXIF in the new interface?
    Click on the 3 little dots in the lower right corner of the picture, then you will see "View Exif info" (if the image has it).
    Obvious, isn't it?
    Arnt

Ah, the three dots. Makes perfect sense. Must be Morse Code for EXIF.

Thanks.
    Mark - Flickr

Or scroll down, Additional Info - Show More.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flickr.png 
Views:	49 
Size:	4.4 KB 
ID:	1849

You can then click like before to get full EXIF. I wish this wasn't hidden. Since I am still learning, it gave me a quick view on the basics.

So let me get this straight...

Old free user account = Ads and 200 images vs. New free user account = Ads and 1TB of images.......(AWESOME)

Old pro user account = No ads and unlimited images ($25) vs. New pro user account = No ads and 1TB of images ($50)......(SUCKS)

I think Neuro maybe right. Seems like Flickr is trying to push people out of the pay account and into the free account to boost ad revenue. I will say that the boost in image storage for a free account is pretty nice. I didn't renew my membership last year and my account went from full to 0.025% total space used. One TB is a lot of storage for a hobbyist with a full time job.
    Last edited by dsiegel5151; 05-21-2013 at 08:19 PM.
    My Flickr page
    Canon Eos 1DIII, Canon Eos 20D, Canon Eos T3i, Canon Eos M, Canon EF 400mm f5.6L, Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II, Canon EF 180mm f3.5L macro, EF Canon 24-70mm f2.8L, Canon EFs 60mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Canon EF 50mm f2.5 compact macro, Canon EF 40mm f2.8, Canon EF-M 22mm f2, Canon 430EX II

And what's up with the $500 option?

It looks like you can now convert your non-recurring Pro subscription to a recurring Pro subscription.

"Flickr Backpedals, Gives All Pro Users the Chance to Renew and Keep Their Benefits"
    http://petapixel.com/2013/05/22/flic...heir-benefits/

"According to Flickr’s new FAQ page, eligible Pro users have three options: recurring users can continue renewing at the current price, non-recurring users can transition to a recurring Pro membership, and both recurring and non-recurring members have the chance to transition to the company’s new Free account and receive a prorated refund for the months they have left on their membership"

Eric