Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Flickr changes

There is a new photo sharing site that just launched a few weeks ago that I was wondering if anyone has joined or what your opinions are of it.

http://www.youexif.com/index.php

Opinions?

I'm kind of in the same boat as Jan - I pretty much use flickr as an avenue to share photos on forums. I liked the simple format of the old style but the new style isn't all that bad. I don't really follow people too often nor to I update it very often.

I've been on 500px for a while now and I must say that the standard of photos there far exceeds the standard you see on flickr in general. I also find it easier to find photos of a particular genre/subject etc on 500px. I like it but similarly to flickr I get sick of the copy and pasted "Nice pic, voted and faved. Please vote for my latest work also" comments. I generally ignore those.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

I was on the site today and noticed an "edit" button at the top of the page (the non-floating banner). Photostream, Sets, Favorites, Edit. It brings back the old page view where you can see descriptions, views, etc.

Thanks rlriii13! Edit button FTW!

I don't have an "edit" button

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    I don't have an "edit" button
    Go to your flickr photostream and then add this to the end of the link (without the quotes), then hit enter: "?details=1"

See if that works for you.

By the way, you should be able to concatenate that onto anyone's photostream, not just your own, to get the same old-style look.