Well, this thread is certainly appropriate for what I've been doing lately, seems all that I do is shoot B+W these days, all on film.
So to celebrate, I'll share this picture. It has been a long long long time coming.

I took it in March, down the Great Ocean Road. Mamiya 645AF, 45mm f/2.8, CPL, Efke KB25.
First problem, Efke has a nasty habit of sticking to everything when you develop it, like the rollers of the machine at the lab that processed it, half the backing plastic came of in chunks (this was the main reason I've started developing all my own B+W at home now).
I bought a printer (Epson R3000) a few months ago, I tried getting it working on a virtual Windows on my main PC, after a week of headaches, I gave up and formatted my old laptop. It worked enough for printing, but copying to USB each was just annoying, and laptop screen is not as nice as my U2711.
A few weeks ago, I gave VirtualBox a try. Worked straight off, no headaches at all, now I've got windows running in the background on my desktop (I could do with some more RAM though)
I've had my Epson V750 for about a year now, using linux-drivers. I tried installing the Silverfast that came with it, was still registered to the last guy. A year later, I finally got around to getting them to transfer the rego to me. So I've installed it on my virtual machine last week.
I tried forever to get some Kami Scanning fluid into Australia. Too explosive, Aztek won't ship outside the US. Said I could get some from the factory in Germany. €50 only. Oh yeah, and €400 for shipping. Again more headaches. Came across Scan-Science selling Lumina fluid. Ordered straight away. 6 weeks later nothing, I asked for a tracking number (which only said 'has left canadia'). Another 2 months after that, I was about to call shenanigans on the whole thing, grab a broom and ask for my money back, when it finally rocked up.

So this weekend, it all finally came together. Wetmounted scanning with Lumina Fluid on Betterscanning holder. Calibrated focus with scanning target. Calibrated colour with IT8 target. Scanned to 4800dpi (about 30MB jpeg). Cloned the hell out of all the specks of missing film-backing. Printed a test on 5x7 Ilford Galerie Smooth Gloss (I shouldn't get attached to this paper, seeing as they're about to go bust), and it just looks amazing. The digital file on my screen does not do it justice. And I just realised I haven't even USMed it, just a few tone curves and that's it (so it probably looks a bit less sharp than it should, I might fix it tonight and re-upload).
Tonight I'll try printing some more tests on that pack of sample papers I ordered ages ago (I really like the texture of Moab Rag).

So this weekend it's finally, finally, all come together to produce something.
Congratulations, I've just GASed myself out of any possible remaining excuses to produce crap photos. From now on, I have nothing to blame but my own lack of skill.