Currently I have a cheap Dolica tripod and ball head that I paid just under $100 for last year. It does what it needs to do, but I don't quite trust it to hold my new 5D MkIII. So, here I am asking you folks here at TDP, who are far more knowledgeable than I, to help me find a tripod that will work for me and is within my budget. Here are some key features that I would like.

-Able to compact down to 24 inches or so, but preferably smaller than that, 18 would be ideal.

-Weight. Weight is no big deal to me, so carbon fiber is not a must. I spent hours running around Afghanistan with 100+ lbs on my back, I am sure the few pounds a tripod will bring won't bother me none haha

-Adaptable feet. This won't be a deal breaker, but one of my favorite features of my Dolica is the feet. They have rubber nubs on the end, but if you twist them, a spike is revealed for that extra stability on a softer surface.

-Build quality. I am not rough with my equipment, but I like knowing that it's capable of taking a bit of a beating. Also, I need it to be able to hold a good amount of weight as well. I can't see myself having anything heavier than a gripped 5DMkIII w/100-400 anywhere in the near future though.

Those are the only points that come immediately to mind. Any and all input is greatly appreciated, and I thank you all in advance. Furthermore, I would just like to mention how informative and helpful this community is, and I am glad to be a part of it.